The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think comparisons with Forest are a little wide of the mark.

That Forest squad from 1978-80 contained two arguably world class players in Shilton and Francis as well as the likes of Gemill, McGovern and Robertson who were hugely accomplished players who would have been coveted by most other leading clubs. I'm not entirely true that's the case to the same extent at Leicester. There are some parallels, not least Vardy's narrative, as many of that Forest team were people who found success relatively late in their careers such as Kenny Burns (iirc).

I know this hasn't found favour with other posters, but I'd be genuinely chuffed if they won the league. We're not going away and as long as we finish top three this season, then with all that's going on at the club our future is brighter than any other in England - and possibly by some distance. We've got some (more) great times ahead. On that basis if we aren't meant to win the title this season, I could swallow Leicester being champions. It would be a wonderful story.

That Forest squad from 1978-80 contained two arguably world class players in Shilton and Francis as well as the likes of Gemill, McGovern and Robertson who were hugely accomplished players who would have been coveted by most other leading clubs. I'm not entirely true that's the case to the same extent at Leicester. There are some parallels, not least Vardy's narrative, as many of that Forest team were people who found success relatively late in their careers such as Kenny Burns (iirc).

I know this hasn't found favour with other posters, but I'd be genuinely chuffed if they won the league. We're not going away and as long as we finish top three this season, then with all that's going on at the club our future is brighter than any other in England - and possibly by some distance. We've got some (more) great times ahead. On that basis if we aren't meant to win the title this season, I could swallow Leicester being champions. It would be a wonderful story.

I agree mate, people have to remember in those days squads were relatively small so that meant a greater sharing around of real talent, Ipswich, Forest liverpool and Villa all had many good to great players where as now due to 7 subs squads are huge compared to then.

If not us winning it this year it would be fantastic to see them do so, and as you say our future is going to be fantastic no matter what this season brings, this is probably as good as it'll get for them in a long time.

I hear what you're saying but McGovern and Gemmill were not world beaters. They were good players but Cloughie made them better then they were. He did that at Derby with O'Hare and a few others. Shilton was great. Francis was excellent, Robertson under Cloughie was fantastic.

But there were half a dozen clubs that on paper should have beaten them to the title and more that should have won the European Cup.

I doubt Leicester will win the Premiership but if they are not to then some team has to step up and fight for it as hard as they are. I hope it is us but you can't say we are fighting at the moment and we can't continue on the hope that Arsenal and Leicester will fall away. We have to start fighting and fighting intelligently.

If Leicester finish within 15 points of the title I will boil my bollocks and eat them. The hysteria is unreal. They look good and are playing well but they are only top due to others failures. Last year in December Southampton had 33 points, only two less than Leicester the difference being City and Chelsea were a good 10 points better off. Even if Arsenal and City plod on the way they are they will still finish above them as they wont have it in them to last the full season.

If Leicester finish within 15 points of the title I will boil my bollocks and eat them. The hysteria is unreal. They look good and are playing well but they are only top due to others failures. Last year in December Southampton had 33 points, only two less than Leicester the difference being City and Chelsea were a good 10 points better off. Even if Arsenal and City plod on the way they are they will still finish above them as they wont have it in them to last the full season.
I reckon the league will be won with a low points total this year, probably around 83 points. That means Leicester only need to get 68 points for you to boil and eat your bollocks. That's just 33 points from 22 games. I suspect your bollocks aren't as safe as you might think.

I reckon the league will be won with a low points total this year, probably around 83 points. That means Leicester only need to get 68 points for you to boil and eat your bollocks. That's just 33 points from 22 games. I suspect your bollocks aren't as safe as you might think.

Can we make it ten points? On a serious note it's more the fact they wont be close to winning the title no matter how much media hype we jump on.

Can we make it ten points? On a serious note it's more the fact they wont be close to winning the title no matter how much media hype we jump on.
To be fair, the media have only seriously started to consider the possibility of Leicester winning the title recently. Up until the win against Chelsea, all I've heard is discussion whether they might possibly make the top four and that has only been in the last week or two. Still don't think your bollocks are safe at 73 points.

I reckon they'll finish 5th or 6th but would like them to make top 4 and win the title if we don't.

One thing's for sure, Ranieri is nailed on for Manager of the Season even if we win the quadruple.

Maybe. But I want us to WIN the title, not rely on others falling off.

And I don't think we can take it for granted that Arsensl or Leicester will drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.