The "let's talk" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bill, 14 Nov 2019.

1. Bellamy's Caddy

Bellamy's Caddy

Classes are a good shout, not something I've done before but gives a bit of variety and like you say its social as well. Going to call in tomorrow so I'll have a look and see what they've got on.

Eccles Blue and somapop like this.
  2. somapop

somapop

Do and ask about what they offer.
    There's a bloke across the street from me I've known fairly well for a few years - ex mountain resuce and was studying to be a paramedic when he broke his back. He now runs a gas engineer/plumber/high end bathroom installs etc. It was only until recently I found out he wasn't mentally well...wife and kids (but I think their relationship is all but dead...I tink she constantly has a go at him and they never go away/do anything together). Was surprised as he's a big strong bloke, always seems on his game. We've bonded over the gym and I've dragged hm along to classes which he now loves. Hence why it's good to talk and open up as you can never really second guess what people are going through.

Good luck and report back mate.

Bellamy's Caddy likes this.
  3. jay_mcfc

jay_mcfc

Spinning classes are top. Dead quick way to lose a bit of weight and build fitness whilst enjoying some pumping music that gets the blood flowing.

Eccles Blue, Rammy Blue and somapop like this.
  4. Bill

Bill

You carry on just the way you are Sheila. You are one of the nicest people i know.
    A keen and knowledgeable blue as well.
    Take care x

5. Centurions

Centurions

Besides the advice @karen7 gave I'd advise having a look at the Money Saving Expert website, there's a lot of different forums depending on what you need but if debt comes into it start with:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

There's a lot of good advice and some real experts who know what they're talking about on there.

Good luck bud.

6. Eccles Blue

Eccles Blue

Thank you so much Bill. That means a lot coming from you. X x

7. ColinBellsjockstrap

ColinBellsjockstrap

Whatever happened to for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health?

You are well rid mate.

Regarding your mortgage can you not ask for a payment holiday or extend the term a few years?

Hang on in there, and take every day as it comes. Talk about your issues, whatever you do, don't bottle them up, that's the worst thing you can do.

Good luck. You WILL get through this.

Many people on this forum are probably going through some form of shit right now, I know it's hard but try to remain positive.

Eccles Blue likes this.
  8. BLUEYESTU

BLUEYESTU

We’ll just to top things off - I’m here at Preston hospital with my mum because my dad has deteriorated and is now unconscious and mum wants to stay here overnight. I say I’ll go to my home in Lancaster to get her some toiletries etc and go to take the lock and chain off my motorbike and the bastard key has snapped off in the lock!!!!! My mate is driving through from Manchester with an angle grinder to try and get it off. You couldn’t write this shit....

9. An articulate post Mr Caddy and as you say "a temporary setback". One door closes and another opens and the opportunity to shine will once more rear it's head. Try not to worry too much about the debt aspect as it's only a means to an end and it's a well known fact that we enter this arena with nowt and most verily we shall leave with nowt. Concentrate more on keeping up with committal payments like rent rates food and fuel until such time as circumstances dictate otherwise. Bereavement as you have suffered causes many ripples in the pond of life and if we are not careful can and do transform themselves into mini tsunamis with the capability to induce stress creating tentacles that reach out into the very fabric of our well-being. Time mais oui is the fabled great healer allowing the waves to steady themselves back into ripples and the eventual calmer waters ahead. Enjoy your Christmas do keep Moonwalking and prepare your mindset well for the next wonderful stage of the journey that's about to commence. Adios.

somapop and Bellamy's Caddy like this.
  10. Bellamy's Caddy

Bellamy's Caddy

Not as articulate as your post mate, I enjoyed reading that and thank you for the positivity it is much appreciated!

I think this thread was a great idea. I definitely feel better having engaged with other posters on here and via PM. If anyone is thinking of posting but holding back I would definitely encourage them to go for it.