The Liverpool Thread

Can't see em making top four with the way spurs are doing and arsenal shaping themselves. I thought downing would do well there though. he's been one of the best players for assists ni the prem over the eyars, but 11 gfames in and he as no goals and no assists. Looks like King Kenny's masterplan of downing crossing it in to the 6"4 drunken geordie to ehad in isn't quite working as well as expected

The Fat el Hombre said:
Can't see em making top four with the way spurs are doing and arsenal shaping themselves. I thought downing would do well there though. he's been one of the best players for assists ni the prem over the eyars, but 11 gfames in and he as no goals and no assists. Looks like King Kenny's masterplan of downing crossing it in to the 6"4 drunken geordie to ehad in isn't quite working as well as expected

Are you sure your not drunk????????????

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Are you sure your not drunk????????????

Haha wish I was, just terrible typo's. I'll rewrite it and cover the main points:

Downing - no goals, no assists = SHITE
Drunken geordie = SHITE
Liverpool to finish 6th

but but but but i thought carroll was better than dzeko?

i thought they had the best strikers in the prem?

bahhaha finally the deluded scousers can see they are not that good..

To many ghost from the past at that club...fucking old players everywhere telling anyone who will listen how they will rule the world......stupid twats!

Have a look at the Manchester City thread on RAWK, They're quite complimentary for the last few pages but you need to read it from the start. It has everything, all the usual clichés, City are boring, never win anything with Mancini. City have no soul, ruining football, Mancini tactically inept, a King Kenny love in, they'd win with Rafa, they've bought poorly unlike Liverpool, shit fans, poznan looks crap, they'll be shit without Tevez. One wag even suggested we'd finish about 9th this season.
Then slowly it dawns on them that perhaps we aren't as shit as they'd like to think we are and they are nowhere near as good as they thought they were. It's a great read if you've got an hour to burn.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=274792.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... c=274792.0</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/10/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-fixture-scheduling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... scheduling</a>
Kenny Dalglish has branded as "disgraceful" the decision to schedule Liverpool's Carling Cup quarter-final at Chelsea only 48 hours after his team play Manchester City at Anfield. The Liverpool manager said he may be forced to field an understrength team at Stamford Bridge on 29 November and has urged fans to bear that in mind before buying tickets for the midweek game.

"It is disgraceful in this day and age that players are being asked to play a key Premier League game and then a League Cup quarter-final in London just 48 hours later," said Dalglish. "It's understandable with the Spurs v PAOK Salonika match and the TUC rally that the Met police have said our game cannot be played on the Wednesday. But it's surely the duty of the football authorities to think of other solutions which consider the welfare of the players and this clearly hasn't happened.

"Manchester City are in a similar position to us with their game at Arsenal and it's for them to argue their case, but it is my job to stand up for the interests of Liverpool Football Club. Here you have two clubs who have treated this competition with utmost respect over the years and they are being treated like this.

"It seems totally irresponsible as well that the quarter-finals are scheduled in the same week as Europa League games. If Stoke had beaten us in the last round and were through to face Chelsea then the tie gets rescheduled for another date – it's as simple as that. But when we ask the Football League to move our game to a later date, we're told it's impossible.

"Where's the logic in that? What would have happened if all four of the English clubs playing in the Europa League had got through to the quarter-finals? If the Football League want to devalue their own competition, that's up to them, but they shouldn't then be upset if people use these games to help in the development of young players."

Dalglish has indicated that Liverpool's managing director, Ian Ayre, consulted the Premier League to explore whether the game against City could be brought forward to the Saturday, an arrangement that would have suited both clubs.

"But, again, we are told by the Premier League that this is not possible either for TV reasons and just to get on with it," said Dalglish. "Ian Ayre specifically consulted with the Premier League, who had some discussion with Sky, but neither were able to accommodate our position.

"The one thing I will say to our fans is to think carefully before buying tickets for the League Cup game because we do not want them spending their money and then we decide there is no other option but to use only young players in the tie."

Football League officials have defended the scheduling, saying there were no alternative dates that would not have created other issues. "The Football League has been engaged in lengthy discussions with clubs, the Premier League and the Metropolitan police regarding the scheduling of the two Carling Cup quarter-final ties due to be played in London in the week commencing 26 November," said a spokesman.

"This followed confirmation that the matches could not be scheduled on the night of Wednesday 30 November due to the TUC rally taking place in central London that day. Despite extensive efforts, no alternative solution could be found that was acceptable to all parties. Therefore the only remaining option was to schedule the match during the week reserved for the competition, on the only available day."

We have Napoli away (22 nov), scousers home (27 nov) then the arse away (29 nov). Complaining won't help your shit team get into the top 4 kenny, get off it.

Dalglish moaning about fixture congestion is just hilarious.
Maybe that's why he's doing his upmost not to qualify for Europe again next season.

He does have a point though, that schedule really is daft. Capello complains about English players being tired for major tournaments, extremely busy fixture schedules in this country is a big factor in that. If we manage to win those 3 games, I'll be a bit surprised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.