The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

What's random about the Big Bang?
It's a/the Big Bang, there wasn't anything before it, therefore there's no randomness in it's inception, it just was/happened. Mind boggling I know, but logically (however mathematically incomprehensible to the layman - myself) explainable.

However, chaos theory (or whatever similar mathematics applied at the initial outset of the Big Bang - consult a cosmologist/physicist, not me) produced the initial randomness of what became the entire cosmos, as minor quantum differences occurred and their effect spread throughout the dark initial cosmos. Without the quantum randomness, a uniform distribution of the initial plasma would mean a very boring dark , 'lifeless' cosmos forever.

To also suggest there are no absolute values in the universe... What? How the F do you think you are attempting to communicate on this Forum? The amount of science and mathematics (with added absolutes) involved in getting your drivel visible to a wider audience .... Geeez, please go back to the 2000 year old myth level of subsidence you attempt to comprehend and follow, and stop leeching off the hard work of logical, scientific and mathematicaly minded humans.
Well, if I may start by answering your penultimate point, I believe we all genuinely communicate because there are indeed absolutes which impart ultimate meaning to the universe. I will end by hazarding an answer to your first question. The Big Bang would only be random if there was no creator of the universe. The remainder of your communication is sadly quite beyond my comprehension.

Jesus supposedly lived during Roman occupation. The Romans recorded everything from pay for their armies to who killed who in the gladiatorial arenas.

Weird that they never mentioned Jesus isn't? Or any miracles. Or any sermons near hills. Or being chucked in a cave. Or...well...or anything really.

Did anyone see a primary source?

• Jesus supposedly lived during Roman occupation. The Romans recorded everything from pay for their armies to who killed who in the gladiatorial arenas. Weird that they never mentioned Jesus isn't? Or any miracles. Or any sermons near hills. Or being chucked in a cave. Or...well...or anything really. Did anyone see a primary source?
    Well there were Josephus and Tacitus who mentioned Jesus but not the details you describe
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sources_for_the_historicity_of_Jesus

OK George, you win, I give up. Not because you're right but because your unceasing determination to avoid or misinterpret questions is juvenile & tedious.
Tedious is the word hence me telling him I wouldn't indulge him a page or two back. Fair play for trying as long as you did.

Jesus supposedly lived during Roman occupation. The Romans recorded everything from pay for their armies to who killed who in the gladiatorial arenas.

Weird that they never mentioned Jesus isn't? Or any miracles. Or any sermons near hills. Or being chucked in a cave. Or...well...or anything really.

Did anyone see a primary source?

They have a record of his execution.

Not Jesus of Nazareth they don't. Actual Jesus.
Could be a piece of the real Jesus has been found:
"Although almost all ancient sources relating to crucifixion are literary, the 1968 archeological discovery just northeast of Jerusalem of the body of a crucified man dated to the 1st century provided good confirmatory evidence that crucifixions occurred during the Roman period roughly according to the manner in which the crucifixion of Jesus is described in the gospels.[21] The crucified man was identified as Yehohanan ben Hagkol and probably died about 70 AD, around the time of the Jewish revolt against Rome. The analyses at the Hadassah Medical Schoolestimated that he died in his late 20s. Another relevant archaeological find, which also dates to the 1st century AD, is an unidentified heel bone with a spike discovered in a Jerusalem gravesite, now held by the Israel Antiquities Authority and displayed in the Israel Museum.[22][23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_Jesus

Could be a piece of the real Jesus has been found:
"Although almost all ancient sources relating to crucifixion are literary, the 1968 archeological discovery just northeast of Jerusalem of the body of a crucified man dated to the 1st century provided good confirmatory evidence that crucifixions occurred during the Roman period roughly according to the manner in which the crucifixion of Jesus is described in the gospels.[21] The crucified man was identified as Yehohanan ben Hagkol and probably died about 70 AD, around the time of the Jewish revolt against Rome. The analyses at the Hadassah Medical Schoolestimated that he died in his late 20s. Another relevant archaeological find, which also dates to the 1st century AD, is an unidentified heel bone with a spike discovered in a Jerusalem gravesite, now held by the Israel Antiquities Authority and displayed in the Israel Museum.[22][23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_Jesus

all very nice archaeology but what's the punchline exactly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.