The Official Run In Thread (merged)

RabidCity said:
I'm sorry to say I really think the title is United's to lose this year.

Their home fixtures are just guaranteed points, whereas our aways I look at and think I'd take a point. The true gap is 5 points as I think we will beat them at home however I can only see us getting a point at Swansea, Stoke, Arse.

That's 6 dropped points minimum and United to win all their remaining.

Their home form is not the greatest and I could see them slipping up there even if it is just one game they get a point. They traditionally find it hard at Ewood and they are playing teams who are in relgation battle, we're playing mid table teams away from home who arguably are fighting for a place here and their and that is it. United have just come out unscathed of a 6 game period; we've got an easier 6 game period they they did, which one would you have preferred? I know I would of preferred our one. We're good enough, we know we are, stop being enticed by the Rag press into the doom and gloom. We'll win it on the 30th April Derby. Pitch invasion!

lets get to the game against the rags 4 points clear and by winning would mean winning the premier league in front of there fans, that would be my dream this season, if we lifted it that day, it would hurt them so much

bluemonkey71 said:
Lots of flapping and throwing in the towel going on here.

Its still in our hands. If we don't win the title then fairdo's. We'll give it a shot again next year.

Being a blue is being on a rollercoaster. Enjoy the ride.

CTID

This. All day long.

The universe will not implode if we finish second. We'll be even stronger next year.

In the meantime, whatever the outcome this has been a truly breathtaking season and we are still in the driving seat.

Fair play to United for sticking with us so far and yes ofcourse they have an easier run in than ours however the fact that they lost at home to Blackburn and have struggled on several other occasions this season to beat 'lesser' teams means we shouldn't just expect them to steamroll every game. If they do and win the league then they would have deserved it.

We're the best team in the league and if we maintain our level of performance between now and May, I think we'll do it - we can't control what they do until we play them so let's enjoy what we are doing and see where we end up. C'mon City!

As a neutral, I said to myself that you had this title wrapped up just after you'd beaten Spurs in the last minute. For me, that last minute penalty was hugely important. I never foresaw them going on to pick up 5 wins and a draw from a run of games as difficult as Arsenal (A), Stoke (H) Chelsea (A), Liverpool (H), Norwich (A), Tottenham (A).

But they did and I'm as surprised as anyone that they are still only 2 points behind you so far. IMO, you have played the best stuff this season compared to United and that difference to me warrants a gap bigger than 2 points. However, this is something United have been able to do year after year. Grind out result after result without playing well.

If you look at their win over Spurs yesterday, for all the posession Spurs had, barring one decent save, De Gea had pretty much fuck all to do. United just seem to have become a little more clinical of late, something which City tend to have been for most of the season hence the the number of goals you have bagged.

Personally, I think it's the next 8 fixtures prior to the derby where I feel this title could be won and lost, as opposed to the Derby itself. IMO, United will win the next 8 games. I know they slipped up in the Blackburn/Newcastle double header post Xmas but I think with their team approaching full fitness (bar Vidic), I can't see a similar slip up happening.

It's down to how City perform in the games leading up to the Derby. I reckon if you can come out with 20points from a possible 24pts then you will be in a good position as I firmly believe you will beat United at home. But there's no denying you have the harder run in pre-derby with 5 out of 8 away including tricky trips to Swansea, Stoke, Arsenal & Norwich. Plus a home match against Chelsea who will no doubt have the 'New manager boost' that you came a cropper to when you went to Sunderland.

One things for sure, I'm really looking forward to how it will unfold.

sjk2008 said:
As a neutral, I said to myself that you had this title wrapped up just after you'd beaten Spurs in the last minute. For me, that last minute penalty was hugely important. I never foresaw them going on to pick up 5 wins and a draw from a run of games as difficult as Arsenal (A), Stoke (H) Chelsea (A), Liverpool (H), Norwich (A), Tottenham (A).

But they did and I'm as surprised as anyone that they are still only 2 points behind you so far. IMO, you have played the best stuff this season compared to United and that difference to me warrants a gap bigger than 2 points. However, this is something United have been able to do year after year. Grind out result after result without playing well.

If you look at their win over Spurs yesterday, for all the posession Spurs had, barring one decent save, De Gea had pretty much fuck all to do. United just seem to have become a little more clinical of late, something which City tend to have been for most of the season hence the the number of goals you have bagged.

Personally, I think it's the next 8 fixtures prior to the derby where I feel this title could be won and lost, as opposed to the Derby itself. IMO, United will win the next 8 games. I know they slipped up in the Blackburn/Newcastle double header post Xmas but I think with their team approaching full fitness (bar Vidic), I can't see a similar slip up happening.

It's down to how City perform in the games leading up to the Derby. I reckon if you can come out with 20points from a possible 24pts then you will be in a good position as I firmly believe you will beat United at home. But there's no denying you have the harder run in pre-derby with 5 out of 8 away including tricky trips to Swansea, Stoke, Arsenal & Norwich. Plus a home match against Chelsea who will no doubt have the 'New manager boost' that you came a cropper to when you went to Sunderland.

Bang on assessment. We will win the league if we're good enough, simple as that.

sjk2008 said:

This.

We have to do what they have just done and come out of our own difficult patch in touch like they have done.

Worst case.....if we are within 3 points of them on derby day then we only need to beat them and it is ours to win. Worst worst case.

Every game is now a cup final. We can do this but we need to continue our home form and get wins away at Swansea and Stoke for starters. That takes some of the pressure off for the arsenil game. If we win those first two away games coming up then I am sticking my neck out and saying that we will go on to win the league.

Strongest team in the league every game and Europa a very very low priority by comparison.

COME ON CITY!!!!!!

I really hope the Europa league doesn't come as a distraction and/or inflict us with injuries.

sjk2008 said:

Nice to get a neutral assessment, cheers for the post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.