The press finally realise who Sheikh Mansour is

bluerichwit said:
can not wait for when he comes to a game, imagine the reception hes going to get!!!

We need to line the route from the airport to the ground with blues,heads bowed in reverence whilst a 100 city supporting female virgins (if we can find any) walk in front of his royay highnesess cavalcade scattering blue rose petals.

Anyone hear the guy on talkshite this morning, he spoke about the proposed investment in Liverpool and the Pompey buyout being funded by loans, then referred to City as being totally different. When asked why he said "they are completely debt free with limitless funds" when asked how limitless the words "Bottomless Pit" was used.....brought a smile to my face that did!!!!!

kismet said:
Even Alan Brazil on Talksport today fell off his chair when he realised the wealth and influence of our owner.
I was listening to that on my way to college. They had that Bhoyrul guy from Arabian Business who said that we have effectively a bottomless pit of money, he sounded genuinely surprised.

the goats backside said:
100 city supporting female virgins (if we can find any)................... lmao

Finding 100 virgins would be quite straightforward, it might get a bit tricky if you want any of them to be females?

kismet said:
Khaldoon referred to the banner in his web-site interview................

Also I had dinner in the Boardroom suite when Khaldoon attended. A guest at my table managed to have a quick word with Khaldoon. He advised that he personally thought the banner was a magnificent gesture and that Sheik Mansour also appreciated the thoughts of the fans.

thanks for that, not seen the website interview, will have a look
pity other posters seem think they have to give smart ass quips

Prestwich_Blue said:
Al Fahim is only worth money on paper from his property empire. Don't think he has that much cash as he's trying to cobble together £50m for Pompey.

Yep taken so long as he'd had to borrow some of the money to secure the deal.

Heard Talkshite this morning and when the bottomless pit quote came on I started singing bluemoon in my car..great start to the day :O)

Project said:
The thing the press don't realise is that City are a relatively low key investment for the Sheikh in terms of amount invested. I don't believe they have ever really contemplated the scale of wealth involved here. The guy put £2bn into Barclays shortly after acquiring us and sold those shares for £3.5bn just a few months later. Just the profit on that investment alone is stratospheric money in football terms. A few hundred million here or there is huge in football but a relative drop in the ocean for our owners.

The good thing for Mansour is that despite us being a "small" investment, it's arguably the most high profile and will shed the most light on Abu Dhabi.

Watched the Sunday Supplement last week and Martin Samuel was on. He said that when it became clear that our takeover was going through they contacted the City Press Office and they didn't know what they were allowed to say. The Press then contacted the Press Office of Sheikh Mansour and they had no idea what was going on. The reason being is that his Press Office only gets to know about deals of £500m+ and because ours was £200m it hadn't registered on their radar.

Like has been said this guy is extremely rich and thank God he chose us.

staffs_blue said:
kismet said:
- when asked about Sheikh Mansour the guy from Arabian Business just said he has a bottomless pit.........billions and billions..........and billions.......

I am the only one who has got a big grin from ear to ear after reading that??

Im grinning like a big Chesh...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.