The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

If we do end up finishing behind the rags, MP should certainly resign. Unacceptable performances & shoddy team selections, he's not the only one that should be out the door.

RandomJ said:
It is a disgrace when you consider we managed to claw back the gap on Chelsea and now we're in 4th place behind the rags who have played such shite football all year. I know our remaining games look easyish on paper but that's only if our players bother to turn up and we all know teams love treating us as their cup final.

Really would not be shocked if we ended up 4th and having the play in the bloody qualifier.

2nd on Monday

grim up north said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
bluesimon said:
The season is a total disappointment. We have not challenged on any front - went out of the FA & League Cups - both at home to 2nd rate teams, have been on the back foot the entire season and remarkably, have our best run when all our strikers are out injured. We're not challenging for the title coz we are waiting for Chelsea to fook up, which they wont and City should not be in the 'race for top 4'. City should be cast iron race for the title or a very close 2nd.
As much as Mancini's last season was pitiful, at least we were challenging through to the FA Cup final.
Unless we finish at the very least, 2nd, within 1 or 2 points of Chelsea, then the season will have been a disgrace for all the money that has been spent, for all the quality that we have and for all the planning and policies that Txiki and Ferran that will have clearly failed. I want to see all the City players bleeding from all pores in these final games of the season. I want to see Pellers show some fucking emotion & passion and stop being a 'charming man'.

I think you may be waiting a while for the last one!

You are right though, it hasn't been great.

Still better than a few years ago

How sad is it that some blues still use this as a yardstick.

We have probably the best squad in the league and we currently sit 4th yet your happy that it's better than a few years ago.

Thankfully our owners no doubt have higher aspirations.

rnblade said:
If we do end up finishing behind the rags, MP should certainly resign. Unacceptable performances & shoddy team selections, he's not the only one that should be out the door.

They put a near £300M team out every week and have heavily outspent us the last 12 months so why would it be a disaster and a resigning issue?

KnaresboroughBlue said:
grim up north said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I think you may be waiting a while for the last one!

You are right though, it hasn't been great.

We have probably the best squad in the league and we currently sit 4th yet your happy that it's better than a few years ago.

Oh do shut up most teams have good season and not so good

we might have the best squad on paper, but we don't have the best 'team'. I'm waiting for the the derby to see where we stand after that before i decide whether we can challenge or give up.

Only thing that works for us is that they all have to play each other. A couple of loses or draws for Chelsea against United, Arsenal and Liverpool ... with a few games left, City has the opportunity to possibly to sneak in there (the title), at the end.

blueinsa said:
rnblade said:

They put a near £300M team out every week and have heavily outspent us the last 12 months so why would it be a disaster and a resigning issue?

Because , man for man, most folk seem to accept that their squad is significantly worse than ours.

Runners up and FA Cup finalists and it was judged to be a failure !! Looks like we might be looking for a new manager if our owner is consistent

grim up north said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
grim up north said:

Oh do shut up most teams have good season and not so good

Just keep smiling to yourself that we aren't in the third tier any more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.