The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

bluesimon said:
jtjacobson said:
I think the season is a disappointment if we finish any lower than 3, and even 3 is pushing it.

The season is a total disappointment. We have not challenged on any front - went out of the FA & League Cups - both at home to 2nd rate teams, have been on the back foot the entire season and remarkably, have our best run when all our strikers are out injured. We're not challenging for the title coz we are waiting for Chelsea to fook up, which they wont and City should not be in the 'race for top 4'. City should be cast iron race for the title or a very close 2nd.
As much as Mancini's last season was pitiful, at least we were challenging through to the FA Cup final.
Unless we finish at the very least, 2nd, within 1 or 2 points of Chelsea, then the season will have been a disgrace for all the money that has been spent, for all the quality that we have and for all the planning and policies that Txiki and Ferran that will have clearly failed. I want to see all the City players bleeding from all pores in these final games of the season. I want to see Pellers show some fucking emotion & passion and stop being a 'charming man'.

I think you may be waiting a while for the last one!

You are right though, it hasn't been great.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
bluesimon said:
jtjacobson said:
I think the season is a disappointment if we finish any lower than 3, and even 3 is pushing it.

The season is a total disappointment. We have not challenged on any front - went out of the FA & League Cups - both at home to 2nd rate teams, have been on the back foot the entire season and remarkably, have our best run when all our strikers are out injured. We're not challenging for the title coz we are waiting for Chelsea to fook up, which they wont and City should not be in the 'race for top 4'. City should be cast iron race for the title or a very close 2nd.
As much as Mancini's last season was pitiful, at least we were challenging through to the FA Cup final.
Unless we finish at the very least, 2nd, within 1 or 2 points of Chelsea, then the season will have been a disgrace for all the money that has been spent, for all the quality that we have and for all the planning and policies that Txiki and Ferran that will have clearly failed. I want to see all the City players bleeding from all pores in these final games of the season. I want to see Pellers show some fucking emotion & passion and stop being a 'charming man'.

Still better than a few years ago

This season has been a disgrace and there have been to many games where we havent turned up .So is it the players the manager or both ?.i will lay the blame with both and now we need to resurect the remainder of the season and nothing but 110 percent from both players and management will do.But even so big questions need to be asked both of player purchases and style of play going forward because at the moment the football is dire!

To achieve anything in life you have to actually put in an effort which for the most part of this season we haven't done. While being champions means the world to the fans I'm convinced that to certain players it's irrelevant. Chelsea are bang fucking average and we haven't even made them sweat. Shamefully pissed away both domestic cups and again performed in Europe as if we didn't belong. Now we find ourselves in a scrap for the top 3. Again if the players want it, it should be achieved. However because we have a manager who let's them take the piss at will it's by no means a given. And just because we used to be shit shouldn't make feeling annoyed about this seasons offerings any easier to take.

Now with this added pressure, we will find out what this group of players are made of. Huge game on Monday, will define the season sadly

grim up north said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
bluesimon said:

Still better than a few years ago

I agree but we are at a different level now. On the scale of the last few years it has been disappointing. We have lost 6 times at home this season in all comps. I don't think we had lost that many in the previous three.

forevermancity said:
Now with this added pressure, we will find out what this group of players are made of. Huge game on Monday, will define the season sadly
It's not the same playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th

Utd and Arsenal are buzzing. Everyone at City just wants this season to end

It is a disgrace when you consider we managed to claw back the gap on Chelsea and now we're in 4th place behind the rags who have played such shite football all year. I know our remaining games look easyish on paper but that's only if our players bother to turn up and we all know teams love treating us as their cup final.

Really would not be shocked if we ended up 4th and having the play in the bloody qualifier.

Marvin said:
forevermancity said:
It's not the same playing for 2nd, 3rd or 4th

Utd and Arsenal are buzzing. Everyone at City just wants this season to end

Aye, think the fans have certainly switched off but if the players do then they won't be playing CL football next season...never imagined that a crop of players this good could let the season fizzle out like this.. Not as disappointing as some of the shite we have endured, it's a different kind of disappointment now

Arsenal have 5 easyish looking games left and two tough ones. I can't see them getting less than 78 points so I think we need to get at least that to make top 3.

I think if we win Monday we will be fine but lose and the derby to come against an in form rags and we could be in trouble again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.