The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

MP should 'resign' anyway if there's any of the big name managers available.

Numbers posted on one of these threads a couple weeks ago showed our form against 'big' teams including those in Top 4 in the PL even last season was quite poor in spite of our decent performance overall.

Most fans like him (including me) and he's a good manager for domestic competitions but I just don't see him succeeding tactically against top european clubs or against strong domestic opponents which is what we should have our eyes on if we're spending big this summer.

Davs 19 said:
blueinsa said:
rnblade said:
If we do end up finishing behind the rags, MP should certainly resign. Unacceptable performances & shoddy team selections, he's not the only one that should be out the door.

They put a near £300M team out every week and have heavily outspent us the last 12 months so why would it be a disaster and a resigning issue?

Because , man for man, most folk seem to accept that their squad is significantly worse than ours.

We WILL finish 2nd at worst. Have faith.

end of the day, the league table doesn't lie. If it shows that other teams finish above us, then they are better than us. 'best squad' means sod all if they don't perform enough compared to our rivals.

grim up north said:
RandomJ said:
It is a disgrace when you consider we managed to claw back the gap on Chelsea and now we're in 4th place behind the rags who have played such shite football all year. I know our remaining games look easyish on paper but that's only if our players bother to turn up and we all know teams love treating us as their cup final.

Really would not be shocked if we ended up 4th and having the play in the bloody qualifier.

2nd on Monday
Not if we have a repeat of Burnley

why does everyone seem pissed off today?...its not our fault we don't play til Monday,,,did you not expect the other 3 to win today or something?

LadislavMplmx said:
why does everyone seem pissed off today?...its not our fault we don't play til Monday,,,did you not expect the other 3 to win today or something?
Depression after seeing us in 4th and out of all the other comps ;)

LadislavMplmx said:

Hissy fits because they have won and obviously it means we are dog shit and heads must roll.

Its a joke on here lately.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
grim up north said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
How sad is it that some blues still use this as a yardstick.

We have probably the best squad in the league and we currently sit 4th yet your happy that it's better than a few years ago.

Thankfully our owners no doubt have higher aspirations.

Oh do shut up most teams have good season and not so good

Just keep smiling to yourself that we aren't in the third tier any more.

I'm easily pleased tho and understand that sometimes you don't win everything all of the time. Not like some

LadislavMplmx said:

I guess for a number of reasons. Some pissed off due to price hikes, some due to away game ticket allocations but probably most of all due to the fact that we're sitting in 4th with a tough away game coming up followed by an away derby which is always a bit of a nervy time.

grim up north said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
grim up north said:
Oh do shut up most teams have good season and not so good

Just keep smiling to yourself that we aren't in the third tier any more.

I'm easily pleased tho and understand that sometimes you don't win everything all of the time. Not like some

That much is clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.