The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Can I politely distance myself from the cocky and arrogant. No divine right that I'm aware of. Disappointment is fine, expectation is a bit less classy. Just an opinion.

carlosthejackal said:
grim up north said:
RandomJ said:
It is a disgrace when you consider we managed to claw back the gap on Chelsea and now we're in 4th place behind the rags who have played such shite football all year. I know our remaining games look easyish on paper but that's only if our players bother to turn up and we all know teams love treating us as their cup final.

Really would not be shocked if we ended up 4th and having the play in the bloody qualifier.

2nd on Monday
Not if we have a repeat of Burnley

Ok

KnaresboroughBlue said:
grim up north said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Just keep smiling to yourself that we aren't in the third tier any more.

I'm easily pleased tho and understand that sometimes you don't win everything all of the time. Not like some

That much is clear.

I'm growing a beard you can have use of my razor blades

A massive test of this teams will to win in the coming weeks. If they don't respond then a huge fire sale is needed. The Manager is a necessary casualty if he fails to organise them in the face of this challenge.
We could go unbeaten (which will piss me off because it shows how we threw away another title) or we'll stumble to 4th (which will piss me off because it shows the team cannot be arsed). Either way it looks like I'll be pissed off...........

KnaresboroughBlue said:
LadislavMplmx said:
why does everyone seem pissed off today?...its not our fault we don't play til Monday,,,did you not expect the other 3 to win today or something?

I guess for a number of reasons. Some pissed off due to price hikes, some due to away game ticket allocations but probably most of all due to the fact that we're sitting in 4th with a tough away game coming up followed by an away derby which is always a bit of a nervy time.
this "sitting 4th" has come as a bit of a shock then to some?i had a feeling we were gonna be in this position well over a week ago what with not playing til Monday

The league has gone and the next 3 places are done just the order to be sorted

I'd now settle for 3rd as long as it was Arse and not scum who finish above us

4th would be embarrassing and a disaster in waiting for an early August play-off

LadislavMplmx said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
LadislavMplmx said:
why does everyone seem pissed off today?...its not our fault we don't play til Monday,,,did you not expect the other 3 to win today or something?

I guess for a number of reasons. Some pissed off due to price hikes, some due to away game ticket allocations but probably most of all due to the fact that we're sitting in 4th with a tough away game coming up followed by an away derby which is always a bit of a nervy time.
this "sitting 4th" has come as a bit of a shock then to some?i had a feeling we were gonna be in this position well over a week ago what with not playing til Monday

Where on earth did I say it was a shock? There has been some discontent for quite a while now, not just this last week.

Finish 4th and have to qualify for the CL may change our transfer targets minds

carlosthejackal said:
Runners up and FA Cup finalists and it was judged to be a failure !! Looks like we might be looking for a new manager if our owner is consistent

Inevitable if we finish below second I would have thought. I think the two from Barcelona painted themselves into a bit of a corner
with their sneering comments on the OS when Mancini was sacked ... "failed to meet any of his targets other than qualification for
the CL". The bar was set too high and it was always going to be a problem for the next manager. We all knew that this wasn't the
real reason for Mancini's dismissal but a third or fourth place finish means Pellegrini's position would be seen as untenable to a large
proportion of our support who worshipped Mancini. Txiki also must be considered to be running out of lives with Khaldoon if this
happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.