The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Players have run their race and has MP.

Massive changes needed to bring younger hungrier quicker more talented players into the side.

Might need to go backwards before we go forwards again but this lot are done and dusted including VK.

mancity1 said:

Massive changes needed to bring younger hungrier quicker more talented players into the side.

Might need to go backwards before we go forwards again but this lot are done and dusted including VK.

Agreed. Lots of changes ahead. Problem is we won't get much for the players we want rid of. Too old and too slow.

citymad said:
mancity1 said:

Agreed. Lots of changes ahead. Problem is we won't get much for the players we want rid of. Too old and too slow.

I guess we shall see but we need a major overhaul over the next 4-5 windows and I mean major.

This squad is not equipped for the premiership any more least of all the Chumps League.

mancity1 said:
citymad said:
mancity1 said:

I guess we shall see but we need a major overhaul over the next 4-5 windows and I mean major.

This squad is not equipped for the premiership any more least of all the Chumps League.

Oh behave yourself ffs. We won the league last year. I admit we need an overhaul, manager included. But to suggest it will take 4 or 5 transfer windows is just ludicrous.

stony said:
mancity1 said:
citymad said:

Oh behave yourself ffs. We won the league last year. I admit we need an overhaul, manager included. But to suggest it will take 4 or 5 transfer windows is just ludicrous.

I think he meant in terms of the style teams are playing these days. Even teams like palace are playing the pressing game and we just can't seem handle it. We look very beatable and rely on silva or Aguero to get us through games.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Liverpool have a very easy run in. Squeaky bum time if we don't win at the swamp on sunday, which is looking extremely unlikely

Think we will beat them or a draw at least,

stony said:
mancity1 said:
citymad said:

You can fall off the cliff quickly as we have shown this year and Manure last season.

The current squad is on a downward spiral its done all it can and none of the current crop can bring it to where we have to go.

Manure had the advantage of being able to spend big and not have European football to contend with this season.

They will have to invest massively again if they don't want to embarrass themselves in Europe next season.

We will have to do likewise but make it count over this summer.

2- 21/2 years it will take as we can't get rid our entire squad in one season.

Seriously which of our current squad to you see as good enough to play for Man City in a Chumps League final?

Kun maybe , Silva will be past it by the time we get to that level.

I cannot see many of the current squad being in our next title winning side which is at least three years away.

It took three years of investment to reach 2011/12 and it was a squad for the short term and it did well to win two of the three titles it was set up for having a tilt at.

mancity1 said:
stony said:
mancity1 said:

You can fall off the cliff quickly as we have shown this year and Manure last season.

A man who sticks four fingers up his arse has a clean thumb. Now that was utter fucking nonsense, but you started it.

mancity1 said:
The current squad is on a downward spiral its done all it can and none of the current crop can bring it to where we have to go.
Absolute fucking nonsense. The squad has peaked and is on a downward trajectory, but to suggest every single player isn't up to standard is just wrong.

mancity1 said:
Manure had the advantage of being able to spend big and not have European football to contend with this season.
That has nothing to do with our sqaud whatsoever.

mancity1 said:
They will have to invest massively again if they don't want to embarrass themselves in Europe next season.

Again, what they do has no bearing on us and is irrelevant to this particular topic.

mancity1 said:
FFs, we don't need to replace the whole sqaud.

mancity1 said:
Seriously which of our current squad to you see as good enough to play for Man City in a Chumps League final?

The majority of the first team is good enough to play in the Champs League final. Pick any player in any position and there are worse players with winners medals.

mancity1 said:

More fucking nonsense. Kun maybe? His first run of bad games and you doubt him. He is one of the best strikers in the world. Silva will still be top class in 5 years. His game doesn't rely on pace or stamina.

mancity1 said:
I cannot see many of the current squad being in our next title winning side which is at least three years away.
Total bollocks. There is every chance we will win it next year, and Hart Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Aguero, Silva and Bony will all still be here.

mancity1 said:
It took three years of investment to reach 2011/12 and it was a squad for the short term and it did well to win two of the three titles it was set up for having a tilt at.

It took three years of investment because we were a mid table team at best and a team fighting relegation every other year.

Some peoples glasses are half empty, yours has never even seen a drink.

stony said:
mancity1 said:
stony said:

A man who sticks four fingers up his arse has a clean thumb. Now that was utter fucking nonsense, but you started it.

mancity1 said:
Absolute fucking nonsense. The squad has peaked and is on a downward trajectory, but to suggest every single player isn't up to standard is just wrong.

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

Again, what they do has no bearing on us and is irrelevant to this particular topic.

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

The majority of the first team is good enough to play in the Champs League final. Pick any player in any position and there are worse players with winners medals.

mancity1 said:

More fucking nonsense. Kun maybe? His first run of bad games and you doubt him. He is one of the best strikers in the world. Silva will still be top class in 5 years. His game doesn't rely on pace or stamina.

mancity1 said:
Total bollocks. There is every chance we will win it next year, and Hart Kompany, Mangala, Clichy, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Aguero, Silva and Bony will all still be here.

mancity1 said:

It took three years of investment because we were a mid table team at best and a team fighting relegation every other year.

In terms of when we will be ready hardened to play the last game in Europe we won't have many if any in the current squad lining up for us so the work to revamp it to ensure that happens starts in the summer.

We haven't invested well in the first team since 2011/12 and this season is a reflection of that.

What I meant by equipped is that the majority of the current squad have won two titles which is enough for the vast majority of them to take with them once there playing days are over combined with the fact that they don't know how to cope with adversity.

We may be competitive again for the title in two years but I think we will have to take a step back as we overhaul the squad.

Sides that press us and sides that can counter attack us even average sides in the premiership are more than a match for this squad and the way we move the ball.

of those players you mention only Mangala has the possibilty of long term sustained improvement in the premiership although it remains to be seen if he will be worth the investment.

Kun and Silva should be here next year as will Hart and Bony but I wouldn't be fussed if we sold the others while some of them still have a bit of currency if not this summer then certainly next summer.

VK and Zabba have been with us now since 2008 , they have little more to give in terms of where we need to go in Europe and in the premiership.

Harsh to some but realistic to me as we shall see next season if they are more than squad players and I hope they are as we need some real quality and stability in the back four if we are to be successful again.

The best defence usually has the best chance of winning things unless you have a productive midfield scoring wise.

An new captain in the summer is a must I say or else we shall regress further next season.

mancity1 said:
stony said:
mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

mancity1 said:

In terms of when we will be ready hardened to play the last game in Europe we won't have many if any in the current squad lining up for us so the work to revamp it to ensure that happens starts in the summer.

We haven't invested well in the first team since 2011/12 and this season is a reflection of that.

What I meant by equipped is that the majority of the current squad have won two titles which is enough for the vast majority of them to take with them once there playing days are over combined with the fact that they don't know how to cope with adversity.

We may be competitive again for the title in two years but I think we will have to take a step back as we overhaul the squad.

Sides that press us and sides that can counter attack us even average sides in the premiership are more than a match for this squad and the way we move the ball.

of those players you mention only Mangala has the possibilty of long term sustained improvement in the premiership although it remains to be seen if he will be worth the investment.

Kun and Silva should be here next year as will Hart and Bony but I wouldn't be fussed if we sold the others while some of them still have a bit of currency if not this summer then certainly next summer.

VK and Zabba have been with us now since 2008 , they have little more to give in terms of where we need to go in Europe and in the premiership.

Harsh to some but realistic to me as we shall see next season if they are more than squad players and I hope they are as we need some real quality and stability in the back four if we are to be successful again.

The best defence usually has the best chance of winning things unless you have a productive midfield scoring wise.

An new captain in the summer is a must I say or else we shall regress further next season.

a new manager is what we need and two wide men instead of navas and clichy who dont get enough good crosses in for the amount of time on the ball in the opponents half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.