The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

I look at us getting winning 3 of our 5 home games, and 2 of our 4 away games. I think we'll do better than that but I'll be conservative.

Arsenal will need to get 16 of 27 points to take it to goal difference. Rags will need 17, dippers will need 19. Considering those three all play each other, and they all play Chelsea as well I reckon it would be a minor miracle for us to miss out.

And I do think we'll do much better than 15 points from our last 9 games. We've managed 12 from our last 9 and that was a much tougher run of matches.

paulchapo said:
onceabluealways said:
I think the fact others have to play each other will probably pull us through, they can't all win every game

This may be true but overlooks the fact that at the moment WE don't look like we can win ANY game!

Yet we've won three of our last 5.

Sadly, the players themselves will decide whether we are in the CL next season. If they want it, it is there to be had. If they don't , there queing up behind.

moomba said:
paulchapo said:
onceabluealways said:
I think the fact others have to play each other will probably pull us through, they can't all win every game

This may be true but overlooks the fact that at the moment WE don't look like we can win ANY game!

I know but we still look rocky in doing so the Newcastle game apart. Arsenal the dippers and the rags look to be building up a head of steam at the business end of the season while we are stuttering and spluttering.

paulchapo said:
moomba said:
paulchapo said:

I know but we still look rocky in doing so the Newcastle game apart. Arsenal the dippers and the rags look to be building up a head of steam at the business end of the season while we are stuttering and spluttering.

And they all play each other, plus Chelsea. There's four games where someone is going to drop points, and a good chance of another three. Every year someone builds up a head of steam and we flap about them.

I'm as annoyed about the current run as anyone, but maybe it's time to show a bit of faith in people that have been there, done that before.

moomba said:
paulchapo said:
moomba said:

And they all play each other, plus Chelsea. There's four games where someone is going to drop points, and a good chance of another three. Every year someone builds up a head of steam and we flap about them.

I'm as annoyed about the current run as anyone, but maybe it's time to show a bit of faith in people that have been there, done that before.

Your right. It only takes one game to find that missing spark, and who knows, we could crack on for the rest of the season.

moomba said:
paulchapo said:
moomba said:

I agree to an extent but we have seemed to have found that spark in some games only to regress back to the stuttering error ridden mess in the next. Like all blues i hope we win the next nine games and Chelsea implode,that would be a dream end to what has been a horrible season so far.

foxy said:
I see Bodgers the cabbage head is trying to put pressure on us by claiming candlepool can finish 2nd..
He also thought they could make up 7 goals GD at 0-3 up against Palace.

The shiny toothed twat.

Am I alone here in thinking Chelsea will drop enough points to enable us to win the league... and there's a darned good chance that we will (IOM) looking at who's playing who at the business end of the season. All we can do is keep our heads down and get on with the job of winning matches... the rest will sort itself out!

KEEP THE FAITH
- (we've been in worse positions than this!!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.