The Roma match has convinced me...

As good as Denayer, Lopes and Kelechi were, I'm still most impressed by Garcia. He's 17. SEVENTEEN! And has been playing against seasoned pros and looking the part. Boy has unbelievable talent.

What a great problem to have. Arguing over who our most talented prospect is!

I disagree. I think we need to play Clichy as the clear 1st choice and let him find some form. On top form he is one of the best in the prem and it would be difficult to find a clear cut better player. I’m not a Kolarov fan but as a back up we could do worse – Angelino will come in for the latter part of this season and ready to step up for next season.

We need to designate a midfield player to cover the left side behind sterling and to drop in to left back when Clichy goes forward – Barry used to do this. Delph is the man for this role. He is left footed and would sit nicely in that whole with Dinho on the right side. Yaya in central midfield and the front 3 picks it’s self. Formation and discipline is a big part of our left side problem as we have left sided players in Sterling and Silva who fantastic but will always bomb forward when we are in possession.

Fully agree. It's also one of the reasons why Mangala is crucial, as when we play with two right-footed centre halves we lack a degree of balance. Demichelis is experienced enough to play on that side, but Kompany and Denayer look uncomfortable when forced on to their left, so Mangala will likely be first pick even if he isn't the best.

Kolorov as an attacking force is one of those urban myths. He is never in the right place or quick enough of thought to add to our attack. It just looks like he contributed. Honestly if prefer to go into the season without him....or Sagna. The kids could cover enough.

Nothing to do with this performance.

Didnt like nasri in that deeper role tonight. Has much more influence further afield.

Silva was a step above everyone.
Fernando looked much more comfortable also, hopfully he's settled now and not just an average player.

there were some poor sequences of play leading to the 2nd equaliser,sitting back in general and breaking poorly ,city then dominated the last 5 minutes,not sure what Kolorov had to do with any of it

no mate hes always been the scape goat just like dzeko

Hopefully they'll both be someone else's scapegoats come the start of the season. The look on Dzeko and Jovetic's face said it all. We need to ship all the mard arses out because they clearly don't have the stomach to fight for their places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.