The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

I really don't get all this talk of Mancini's record in Europe. He's only had 6 seasons and these have all been with 2 clubs who do not have a 'pedigree' in the Champions League.

Who would we realistically replace him with who has this sought after 'experience'?

Since the the change to the CL format in 1992 only 4 managers have reached a CL final with 2 different clubs. Hitzfeld, Heynckes, Van Gaal and Mourinho.

Then we have Ferguson, Lippi, Del Bosque, Ancelotti, Capello, Guardiola, Cuper and Benitez who have reached the final twice or more.

Baconface (who already had experience in Europe with Aberdeen and United in other competitions) took 5 years to reach his first CL final with United it then took him another 9 to reach the next one. It took Wenger 8 seasons to reach a CL final and he has only led Arsenal to 1 in 15 years, that is scandalous.

Sure every now and again you'll get a side that's lucky (Chelsea under Di Matteo) but it is a cup competition after all.

I'm still of the opinion that Mourinho has been very lucky with his CL wins, he couldn't do it when under pressure at Chelsea and it looks like he wont do it with Madrid.

stonerblue said:
mammutly said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I don't see how posting things like Forza Mancini on the internet is going to have any effect on our performances, every fan should get behind the team on matchday but the point of the forum is about expressing your opinion.

And our own so called fans fuelling all the anti City shite in the media? By all means have an opinion, but relentlessly banging on about changing the manager at this stage of the season is not only pointless, it's also potentially undermining to the club you claim to support.

Some people would be better off saying nothing or, if they really can't do that, going over to redcafe to find a sympathetic audience. Because proper blues should be 100% supporting City now, not moaning and sniping about how this and that manager might be better than the one we've got.

afuckinmen to that

As long as the "No matter what no-one can say anything to imply Mancini isn't the best manager in the world even if we ask if anyone would welcome another particular manager" crowd keeps making topics insulting the opinions of anyone with a differing opinion, then those with an alternate opinion will keep voicing that opinion on the internet forum that is supposed to be a place for sharing opinions. Hence the cunning use of the word "forum" which has meant a place designed for the sharing of views since we were painting our faces blue and selling dodgy meat to the Romans. If bluemoon somehow fuels the media agenda and undermines City's success, then maybe we should ban all topics and opinions other than those perfectly aligned with "which player was best today?" or "how much better than every other manager is Mancini?"

What I'm talking about is a matter of degree, not the voicing of alternative opinions.

It's when a view or opinion about the manager becomes a relentless tirade of critcism, whatever results the team achieve on the pitch. The CL is gone - get over it. Some people seem to think that constantly bemoaning past failures is supporting the club. I think they're not just wrong but completely preoccupied with personal agendas and also very, very boring.

mammutly said:
What I'm talking about is a matter of degree, not the voicing of alternative opinions.

It's when a view or opinion about the manager becomes a relentless tirade of critcism, whatever results the team achieve on the pitch. The CL is gone - get over it. Some people seem to think that constantly bemoaning past failures is supporting the club. I think they're not just wrong but completely preoccupied with personal agendas and also very, very boring.
I would agree, but not enough borings for me:)

mammutly said:

I'm beginning to find you equally boring yet I still believe this forum affords you the freedom to be as boring as you like. It's the beauty of forums.

It's also worth noting that insulting people constantly as you have in this thread, and implying they're not proper supporters isn't really the best way to get them to listen to you.

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

I'm beginning to find you equally boring yet I still believe this forum affords you the freedom to be as boring as you like. It's the beauty of forums.

It's also worth noting that insulting people constantly as you have in this thread, and implying they're not proper supporters isn't really the best way to get them to listen to you.

Billy,I like you mate but come on,give it a rest will you.We all know your stance towards Mancini but why every day do you need to shout it out loud. Just let it go and let's see what happens in the summer.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BillyShears said:
mammutly said:

Billy,I like you mate but come on,give it a rest will you.We all know your stance towards Mancini but why every day do you need to shout it out loud. Just let it go and let's see what happens in the summer.

Hang on ... read my post again ... where does it mention Mancini? What a fucking tedious tedious boring horrible place this would be if people were to have their opinions on something related to City censored. Like I said yesterday, maybe it's time the squeaky wheels who whine about people expressing their opinion on something City related should get themselves a better understanding of what a forum is.

Unless the idea is to turn this place into RAWK where only shiny happy thoughts and shiny happy subjects are allowed.

BillyShears said:
BillyShears said:

Hang on ... read my post again ... where does it mention Mancini? What a fucking tedious tedious boring horrible place this would be if people were to have their opinions on something related to City censored. Like I said yesterday, maybe it's time the squeaky wheels who whine about people expressing their opinion on something City related should get themselves a better understanding of what a forum is.

Unless the idea is to turn this place into RAWK where only shiny happy thoughts and shiny happy subjects are allowed.

You didn't mention him as you didn't have to.Look at the title of the thread.It is about Mancini and his supposed failings in Europe. If I never need to find you then I know where to search on here! Of course you are entitled to your opinion and if it is a negative one then so be it.Believe me I have been negative about certain things city related but the manager,never in a million years

Believe me I have been negative about certain things city related but the manager,never in a million years

And what is this strange evolution of the manager from football manager, to untouchable deity? Is it really an acceptable point of view to say, "say what you like about the players, but don't you dare criticise the manager". I have read things like "fucking ****, wage thief, get that tosser out of our club" about various players. Nobody has ever said anything approaching that negative about Mancini. Yet still the narrative is put forward that poor Mancini is getting dogs abuse. It's just a myth built on a lie perpetuated so certain posters can feel they've got the moral high ground.

Just my opinion of course ... :)

Can you not see the hypocrisy in your posts?

You follow people around the Mancini threads claiming they are wrong if they dare to disagree with your stance.

On the back of your self righteous bathed opinion,i would suggest you are the one shouting the loudest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.