The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

nijinskybell said:
Billy, why do you call Manicini 'The Italian'? It comes across as a derogatory (almost racist) term when you use it in this way.

It's not meant to be racist or derogatory. If you think it is then again I refer you to my comment about insecurity. People should relax and accept we're talking about a football manager, not Ghandi.

BillyShears said:
nijinskybell said:
Billy, why do you call Manicini 'The Italian'? It comes across as a derogatory (almost racist) term when you use it in this way.

It's not meant to be racist or derogatory. If you think it is then again I refer you to my comment about insecurity. People should relax and accept we're talking about a football manager, not Ghandi.

I don't ever read you referring to Mourinho, for example, as the Portuguese. or Klopp as the German. It's unnecessary, and I'm not insecure at all.

Your last sentence gives the impression that insecuriites and sensitivities may lie elsewhere.

Billy isn't a fan of Mancini,he can refer to him as he wishes,he certainly hasn't been close to 'racist' so you can drop that shite from your little fishing trip.

greasedupdeafguy said:
The cookie monster said:
Blue Theatre said:
One big difference between City & United over recent European seasons is a good one for us:

United are getting regularly beaten at home over recent years, whereas for all the "humiliations" and "footballing lessons" that the likes of Dortmund, Madrid, Napoli, Bayern, Ajax, etc have supposedly handed-out to us, no-one has actually managed to win at the Etihad.

Looking at 2 of those teams; Madrid won at OT this season; Ajax won at OT last season.

And who have Utd actually managed to beat in the last 2 Champions Leagues ? Otelul Galati, Braga, Galatasaray and CFR Cluj.
Otelul Galati and CFR Cluj ? While we're playing Dortmund, Madrid, Napoli, Bayern, Ajax ?
Surely someone's having a laugh.

All that Utd's record suggests is that if they play an easy team, they win - when they play an average team, they sometimes win - and when they play someone good, they lose. Not really that dissimilar from City, except we keep playing good teams ?

Yet we're told that Utd are proudly continuing the glorious traditoins of the Busby Babes, while we are a laughing stock in Europe ... and Utd will doubtless start as one of the favourites to win the whole thing each year.

Just saying that I don't think we're quite as far behind Utd in our European results as some people are suggesting ?
Post of the thread.
We should be focussing on ourselves and our under performances in europe not look at united who tbf have won the competition and been in two finals in the past five or six years.

Like i said one of the best post on the thread
And embarrassed quite a few on here.

FantasyIreland said:
Billy isn't a fan of Mancini,he can refer to him as he wishes,he certainly hasn't been close to 'racist' so you can drop that shite from your little fishing trip.

Did you mean he's not a fan of the Italian? No fishing trip either, it was an honest comment.

I'm not a fan of using a nationality to describe an individual person when they have a name - simple really.

BillyShears said:
nijinskybell said:

Gandhi would probably be a great manager. Organization, people skills, strategic thinking, tactics, personal commitment, leadership... helping exceed expectations and overthrow long held institutions of power. Not sure how well he would do in Europe though.

The cookie monster said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
The cookie monster said:
Post of the thread.
We should be focussing on ourselves and our under performances in europe not look at united who tbf have won the competition and been in two finals in the past five or six years.

Like i said one of the best post on the thread
And embarrassed quite a few on here.
So if we fail to qualify from a CL group again next season but United fail as well that makes it okay?

FantasyIreland said:

Is there a particular reason you follow Billy, Dismal, Nip and the other couple of Mancini outer s around every thread and try and justify everything they say...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.