The "Stamp"....

It gets worse

<a class="postlink" href="http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,13852_5558608,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://msn.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 08,00.html</a>

Re: It gets worse

It was not the player throwing the missile but the fans were reacting to him. Arsenal fans were throwing the missiles but it was a Manchester City player doing the celebrating."

Well, he just scored a goal for fucks sake

Re: talksport now

Actually the one guy who REALLY riles me on Talkshite is that coont Don McGuiness , a rag who is sent to report on games at COMS and does nothing but snipe at City with every comment - they call us bitter but with this plonker it shines through

Re: You do know he will get about 8 game ban.....

cashmoney said:
Retaliation is worse in the eyes of reffs/officials. I've known that since I was 5. Does anyone on here honestly believe that what Manu did was anything but intentional? Whether he was reacting to something earlier or not it is totally unacceptable. Take your blue tinters off.

If the same thing happend next week in exactually the same way but it was Neville on Tevez we would be calling for blood. I'm not saying sell him or anything but for fucks sake lads. Trying to justify what he did just makes us look worse IMO
I'm not interested in what's worse in someone else's eyes.

There's no case to answer in regards to the goal celebration. He was booked and that's it. if you can't accept a player celebrating in front of you, then you shouldn't be at a football match.

With regards to the stamp, I'm not convinced he meant it. It wasn't pre-meditated, because Van Persie hit him from behind. he didn't know it was coming. He may have deliberately flicked out his foot, that's inconclusive when considered from all angles.

Tangles between players happen in every game, and if you were to freeze frame the moment of contact between players it would look pretty bad.

How many times has Ronaldo been fould, and kicked out at his opponent. It's happened loads of times. Unluckily for Adebayor he made contact with the player. if he'd missed. Nothing would have been said. And Van Persie should have kept his mouth shut.

Are we now going to use video footage for Every misdemeanour? I doubt that very much.

Its just decending into a farse this. BAsically they wont stop until they can justify giving him at least 6 - 8 match ban.

Never seen anything like this before.

Re: You do know he will get about 8 game ban.....

jimharri said:
ell said:
He cant get punished for the celebration because Clattenburg dealt with it, so he can hardly say "I would have red carded him had I seen it"

The stamp? ahh ok 3 match ban but I presume Van Persie will for the 2 footed tackle aswell then?
Re. the celebration; I think the FA can act, even after the yellow card. Apparently, the yellow was the only punishment option available to the referee. The FA, however, can act if they deem the punishment handed out on the pitch as not being severe enough for the offence committed. As for the stamp, if he gets a three game ban, he'll have come out of it okay. The more I watch it, the more deliberate it looks. Emphasis on the word "looks"! Only Ade knows if he meant it or not.
FIFA's guidelines say no "re refereeing" (changing a decision the ref made), so if the FA do they are getting themselves in trouble just to have another dig at city.

Randomer said:
ssg2 said:
Rio - 9 months for missing a test when other players have had less for failing a test
On a side note, did we not have a player (who's name escapes me) who missed the same test who got away scott-free?

indeed we did mate, sleepy (I think it was) "forgot" about his test....IIRC ferdinand was accused of having "refused" rather than "forgotten"

Oh FFS. Football has gone.

This is just getting pathetic by the hour and is descending into an embarrasing farce. Thank fuck there is football on tommorrow otherwise this would have dragged on all week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.