The striker situation

MaineRoadBlue said:
Can someone explain WTF is a ' False 9' and if it is what I suspect (someone pretending to be a Centre Forward, whilst not actually being the Centre Forward) then how the hell does this assist us in covering for not having a Centre Forward.

I've only been watching football for 40 years so I'm a little confused by this modern FIFA 14 concepts!

Bayern did it when they taught us a lesson at the Etihad, 6 midfielders all interchanging and ran fucking rings round us, think Muller was the one who played most centrally.

i don't think anyone is saying don't play Pogo, yes he'l be given a chance but there is no way this lad is going to turn out 3 times in 8 days over xmas and then again in the new year fixtures, he'l burn himself out at that age he simply has not got the build to do it

Ducado said:
Scaring Europe to Death said:
Everyone's assuming that we'll be okay by mid- January, but Jovetic and Dzeko keep picking up the same injury and there's no guarantee that Aguero will be fit.

City could do a lot worse than take Robbie Keane on loan during the MLS post season.

34 years old, but he's match fit and still scoring goals.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Something smells

Sorry, but you've lost me with your little hint of in-joke, especially as I've read the whole thread and can't see a single constructive idea from yourself.

We need a 4th striker and more importantly, we need him by the first day of the window.
Otherwise one of these "Easy" games will result in a goalless draw. or worse.

kippaxblue76 said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Can someone explain WTF is a ' False 9' and if it is what I suspect (someone pretending to be a Centre Forward, whilst not actually being the Centre Forward) then how the hell does this assist us in covering for not having a Centre Forward.

I've only been watching football for 40 years so I'm a little confused by this modern FIFA 14 concepts!

Bayern did it when they taught us a lesson at the Etihad, 6 midfielders all interchanging and ran fucking rings round us, think Muller was the one who played most centrally.

if we wanted to do this it would take weeks to bed it into the players

MaineRoadBlue said:

Don Revie it's not new

marco said:
kippaxblue76 said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Sorry cant agree. We have top quality players and if the manager wants to go with 6 midfielders we will be working on it all week, they will soon adapt.

marco said:
kippaxblue76 said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Not really. Nasri and Silva are both highly intelligent footballers who could make this system work with a week to prepare. I'm sure Nasri has played up front before for Arsenal and didn't Silva play that role for Spain? So it's not as if we're talking about total novices here.

marco said:
i don't think anyone is saying don't play Pogo, yes he'l be given a chance but there is no way this lad is going to turn out 3 times in 8 days over xmas and then again in the new year fixtures, he'l burn himself out at that age he simply has not got the build to do it

Pogo Patterson?

Since his Grange Hill days he has put on to much weight for me....

Its obvious we HAVE to buy/loan a new striker in January. In my opinion, we should look at:
Jay Rodriguez - Relatively young, fast, versitile, can finish and English.
Saido Berahinho: Same reasons as Jay Rod, and both would be eligible to play in the Champions League if needed.
Bony
Lacazette - Young French striker, fast and can finish. In fact his goal scoring record is amongst the best in Europe.
Podolski
Jermaine Defoe (100% on a 5 month loan only).
Balotelli
David Villa
Higuain
Álvaro Morata

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.