The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
So you're in as a founding member, and that's it. You stay in even if you become total, embarrassing shite. Sounds very 'sporting'.

I think I'm close to saying 'fuck it!'. Football is just becoming a cash machine for owners, nothing more. The US take-over is complete.

no relegation, showing matches on your own tv stations, capping players wages and therefore agents fees - what's not to like

if you're american owned

also guess which club gets the full £300m grant for infrastructure?

It’s replacing the CL only, not affecting domestic leagues

You're mad if you don't think this will have a knock on effect to the domestic leagues. You think the other 14 clubs are just going to sit back and watch the top 6 get even richer and further from reach? Then you have FIFA teaming up with UEFA to try and come up with counter measures. It would rock football as we know it.

We're cheats if we win anything, now they concoct a plan to keep themselves relevant and earning coin for their owners without earning the right on the pitch.

It's a sideshow that will no doubt kill of the traditionalists in the sport, making way for the incoming non tribal showcase style of sport that will appeal to the day-trippers. To be fair it doesn't really matter much because the media have already poisoned the well, football winners aren't congratulated any more unless you're a team that has their version of royal pedigree.

This could very well be the last season of the sport as we know it.

It’s replacing the CL only, not affecting domestic leagues
Genuine question but under their proposals would Leicester and West Ham automatically be in this super league as things stand? I have seen people saying they wouldn't but Arsenal would if they are not in then it does affect the league because what is the point for other teams. It's not right imo.

It will be interesting to see how the domestic leagues, UEFA, FIFA and the outsider clubs react, if the can work together on an alternative plan it could be a very interesting few months

Genuine question but under their proposals would Leicester and West Ham automatically be in this super league as things stand? I have seen people saying they wouldn't but Arsenal would if they are not in then it does affect the league because what is the point for other teams. It's not right imo.

nope looks like it’s an invite and a closed shop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.