The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
What so don’t get is if they new we were reluctant why not ask Everton Villa Wolves West Ham?
a) Given how late it seems City and Chelsea were roped in, it's unlikely they would have had time to ask around past that.

b) Having any of those teams in could actually damage the Super League brand value. All 12 teams involved all have huge value, even Tottenham. The whole point of the Super League is that additional prestige.

Tebas sticking the knife into City and PSG again..
“State owned clubs like Manchester City and PSG, these clubs need to face some controls, they haven’t done anything outrageous so far, but we will see”
Sky explaining this “he’s talking of course the fact they are owned by states, in that UAE have a stake in Manchester City and Qatar has a stake in PSG”
Unfuckingbelievable.
I wish we learned from the Trump-fake-news era that the only way to stop it is to sue for billions any company that hosts people telling lies. Maybe not now while the SL is hanging over us but once it fades.

Surely when they said ‘an August start’, it meant August 2022 or 2023? I can’t see that it would ever have started in August this year!
That's how I saw it. Everybody misread this as thinking it was starting in August 21. They were just saying the league would commence in August each season

And I demand an apology for the apology. City knew exactly what we were doing.

In fact, I demand more than an apology, I want to specify who that apology for the apology comes from and a full explanation. Heads must roll for this.
Going forward I want an apology for future issues, like when we don’t veto the champion league changes.
Anyone who thinks this was our plan all along should go re-read sorianos email.

For it to be true, he’d now need to be lying in his emails to supporters which surely puts it to bed.

They got swept up in it, made the wrong decision and righted it. Doesnt make them instigators but equally they fucked up and misjudged the eventual reaction
it’s called plausible deniability.
As much as the fans want everything explained to them in little baby bite size chunks, it’s not how the shadowy fuckers that run elite businesses operate.

In my opinion the hysterical fans need to get over it.

That's how I saw it. Everybody misread this as thinking it was starting in August 21. They were just saying the league would commence in August each season
Thinking about it, they probably had in mind that it would start when the current Champions league format comes to an end - so would that be 2023 or 2024? They wouldn’t want to upset sponsors and potential broadcasters by springing this on them last minute.

I think we're missing a really big story (or at least part of the story) here, and that's why they suddenly tried to launch this now.

Super League plans have been formulating for 15 years, yes, but this was not a well though out attempt. I've said in a comment before how they could have done it much better quite easily, and at the very least they should have brought on some PR agency to draw up plans, handle the outcry, present the structure in a meaningful way.

This was a seriously last minute thing, 2 English clubs were invited the day before the launch FFS and PSG and Bayern weren't even tied down.

And the other thing is....August! They wanted this to start in August. That's insane. Look at the CL reforms...approved in 2021 for a 2024 change. And that's an existing competition without a legal minefield to get through.

It's not just rushed, it's bloody desperate. They knew if it failed they'd be stuck in UEFA for a decade at least and they still tried this embarrassingly amateur attempt.

I don't know what it was, but something made Perez and Agnelli jump and try to rush through a plan that should have been 6 months or a year in the making in 1 weekend.

I suspect the finances at Real, Juventus and Barcelona are much, much worse than people are predicting, and that this whole thing was precipitated by Joan Laporta realising after a month in charge at Barcelona that the club is bankrupt and reaching out to Perez.
I have been told that Real Madrid have to make a £300m repayment on their debt in June. Don't know if that's true

Now, they were saying every club that signs up would get a share of a £4.5billion initial payment... which by amazing coincidence works out at £300m per club

Over it already , what a mad few days , i am of the opinion we shut it down by joining then backing out , khaldoon has made it clear football is shady and it appeared getting revenge was dangled and we took it , that is what i think. I can accept it might of been that we wanted a voice we havent had before but i cant shake my first thought

It makes perfect sense. The PL needs 15 votes to expel another club from the league.

That’s why they needed 6 English clubs in the SL to begin with, leaving only 14 PL clubs against it.

As soon as City quit the SL, it was inevitable the other 5 would follow soon after. They had no choice.
Wonder why they didn’t go for 7 English teams to negate any play they thought City would/could make.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.