The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Surely when they said ‘an August start’, it meant August 2022 or 2023? I can’t see that it would ever have started in August this year!

That's how I saw it. Everybody misread this as thinking it was starting in August 21. They were just saying the league would commence in August each season

Thinking about it, they probably had in mind that it would start when the current Champions league format comes to an end - so would that be 2023 or 2024? They wouldn’t want to upset sponsors and potential broadcasters by springing this on them last minute.

Pères said 2021 in one of his interviews and the official documents said "as soon as practicabky possible".

They were not waiting until 2024.

I wish we learned from the Trump-fake-news era that the only way to stop it is to sue for billions any company that hosts people telling lies. Maybe not now while the SL is hanging over us but once it fades.
100%
As a kid I used to think if something was on the news, in a paper etc then it was true.
I learned about 15-20 years ago that they lie, twist stories for their own agenda and tell half truths.
All of them do it and the only way that will change from our point of view is to firstly call them out on it and give them opportunity to rectify their “mis truths” and if they don’t, sue.

Pères said 2021 in one of his interviews and the official documents said "as soon as practicabky possible".

The recent announcement (which also used the ‘as soon as practicably possible’ phrase) was just the launch of a consultation.

Perhaps they weren’t waiting till 2024, but they almost certainly weren’t going to launch it this coming August. That is less than 4 months away. A few weeks to set up sponsorship, tv, the other clubs, rules and regulations, travel, policing, permits, etc.? It simply isn’t possible it would launch in August 2021.

I have been told that Real Madrid have to make a £300m repayment on their debt in June. Don't know if that's true

Now, they were saying every club that signs up would get a share of a £4.5billion initial payment... which by amazing coincidence works out at £300m per club
Real Madrid apparently have gross debt of €901m and net debt €355m. The debt is largely due to Covid and stadium renovation. I'm not an accountant so I've no idea whether these debts are good bad or indifferent.

f63d8bb0b83bd79f5646afa2f9b809ce.jpg
hahhaaha you sir made me spill my coffee.

Tebas sticking the knife into City and PSG again..
“State owned clubs like Manchester City and PSG, these clubs need to face some controls, they haven’t done anything outrageous so far, but we will see”
Sky explaining this “he’s talking of course the fact they are owned by states, in that UAE have a stake in Manchester City and Qatar has a stake in PSG”
Unfuckingbelievable.
Its why we own the PL and the FA fuck all.
Other teams conspired against us with the letter.
Silence from the PL and the FA when their Spanish equivalent is spouting shit against one of their own members and zero defence from them

They can't even afford to wait that long, the bubble is Spain is bursting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.