The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
yep it’s money they need that injection of 300m+ now! Looks what said about Haaland and Mbappe they can’t afford them with no super league..
I agree.
Possibly Corona virus financial impact has particularly hit those whose debt was used as normal practice.
City can afford to have an exceptional loss. The others have been found out.

Tebas sticking the knife into City and PSG again..
“State owned clubs like Manchester City and PSG, these clubs need to face some controls, they haven’t done anything outrageous so far, but we will see”
Sky explaining this “he’s talking of course the fact they are owned by states, in that UAE have a stake in Manchester City and Qatar has a stake in PSG”
Unfuckingbelievable.
That should be UEFA's first favour, tell this guy there's no way he's representing them, he has no objectivity at all and doesn't even bother checking his facts on the clubs he's moaning about.

Last edited:
You certainly put the idea across logically and I sincerely hope you are correct.
I freely admit I was incensed,emotional,irrational and confrontational with the world when this news broke on Sunday night. I just could not (still can’t) work out why the most intelligent, forward thinking board in English football thought they could gain from this idea.

Being realistic, the one big, key advantage City has over our domestic rivals is the fact we are significantly richer than they are. We simply aren’t (yet) as big a club as united or the scousers. We don’t have their trophy count (yet) etc. Signing up for the ESL was literally throwing away our one advantage as they would have received serious cash enabling them to close the cash gap between us whilst maintaining their own advantages. What made it worse was doing so knowing their CEOs were going to be on the management board of this new venture. Anybody could see we were going to be royally stitched up once this was up and running and if we could all see it our board must have as well.

Your theory goes some way towards explaining a (admittedly far fetched) reason for the clubs decision.

I don’t expect we will ever fully know what their reasons were, and whilst trust is in short supply at the moment hopefully the damage can be repaired eventually.

God I would love it to be as you say.
It's actually not my theory. I read some posts yesterday by tolmie's hairdo about majorities required in the PL to carry measures and to expel clubs and the import was that the ESL needed the guaranteed support of 6 PL teams or the ESL clubs would be at risk of expulsion. Apparently City were only asked to join very late on, as a last resort, to make up the numbers. In other words, following their attempt to destroy us over the emails they were now trying to stitch us up over the ESL while they had the choice. This accounts for the inclusion of Spurs and I believe Newcastle were considered before City. I think the conclusion City drew was that a super league without us was very dangerous to our future and the idea had to be killed at birth. Hence City joined "reluctantly" and 48 hours later pulled out (gleefully?). This doesn't seem to have smoothed out relations with fans but City were clearly between a rock and a hard place the club seized an opportunity to kill off a half baked but dangerous scheme before real thought on how to exclude us could be refined, and damage the three most odious English clubs severely. I don't know how accurate this interpretation is but I'd certainly like to believe it and it does suggest that club and fans are very much in unison.

NY Times take on it (yes it's Tariq & Rory Smith...)

“Ceferin — the godfather to Agnelli’s youngest child”

We need a Netflix documentary for all this eventually.

Holy mother of god! Barnes doesn't hold back! Murdoch owned Talkshite looking very uncomfortable....

Spot on with the whole lot. Convince the fans they’ve ‘won’ but they’re still going to pay £50+ for a ticket, £100+ for a Wembley ticket, £1000+ for a season ticket etc and £60+ a month for football on tv.

Meanwhile, Fernandez on brink of signing a £200,000 Per WEEK contract (what 8 people on the average wage earn in a year between them), hot on the heels of KDB signing £250000+ per WEEK and everyone of the fans cheer like crazy, just after all the players have been praised for making a stand ’against greed’. Then everyone’s really shocked and surprised that the clubs are trying to get more and more cash.
Ever feel like you’ve been conned? It’s like living in a parallel universe sometimes.......

Last edited:
Tebas again at it once more - this guys has nothing else on his mind other than to target both ourselves and PSG - how the hell can UEFA allow such a prick to be promoted onto their board

Oh and here is another thing, seeing as UEFA want to kick racism out of football why have they allowed Tebas who is it not reported is a far-right sympathizer to sit at their table

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.