The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Holy mother of god! Barnes doesn't hold back! Murdoch owned Talkshite looking very uncomfortable....

I agree with a lot of what he said but I also think we have to judge this ESL bollocks for what it was and not get involved in tit for tat over the rest of football.

Especially annoying is this nostalgic nonsense about the PL destroying football in the early 90’s. It’s just bollocks. Post Hillsbrough and Heysal and with European bans and hooliganism and racism and homophobia and sexism etc football was a complete mess. It had to change. People might not like the money in the game or the sanitization of it but it wasn’t sustainable.
And creating a new league with promotion and relegation is a million miles better than this monstrosity that these imbeciles tried to push through this week.
There are a million problems within football and they all need to be tackled.
But I genuinely believe that we had two days to save football forever. It all sounds dramatic but if fans and pundits and the media and the govt hadn’t reacted the way we did these bastards would have carried on regardless. So I don’t really want to hear what about this or that, these are all things we can tackle as we go on.

Tebas again at it once more - this guys has nothing else on his mind other than to target both ourselves and PSG - how the hell can UEFA allow such a prick to be promoted onto their board

Oh and here is another thing, seeing as UEFA want to kick racism out of football why have they allowed Tebas who is it not reported is a far-right sympathizer to sit at their table
Someone needs to take this wanker to task and serve legal papers on this bloke. He cannot continue to cast aspersions over our club without any justification and get away with it

I think we're missing a really big story (or at least part of the story) here, and that's why they suddenly tried to launch this now.

Super League plans have been formulating for 15 years, yes, but this was not a well though out attempt. I've said in a comment before how they could have done it much better quite easily, and at the very least they should have brought on some PR agency to draw up plans, handle the outcry, present the structure in a meaningful way.

This was a seriously last minute thing, 2 English clubs were invited the day before the launch FFS and PSG and Bayern weren't even tied down.

And the other thing is....August! They wanted this to start in August. That's insane. Look at the CL reforms...approved in 2021 for a 2024 change. And that's an existing competition without a legal minefield to get through.

It's not just rushed, it's bloody desperate. They knew if it failed they'd be stuck in UEFA for a decade at least and they still tried this embarrassingly amateur attempt.

I don't know what it was, but something made Perez and Agnelli jump and try to rush through a plan that should have been 6 months or a year in the making in 1 weekend.

I suspect the finances at Real, Juventus and Barcelona are much, much worse than people are predicting, and that this whole thing was precipitated by Joan Laporta realising after a month in charge at Barcelona that the club is bankrupt and reaching out to Perez.

From what I am hearing, Covid just accelerated the plans and JP Morgan have been threatening to call in markers for some of the debts these clubs hold, primarily the American clubs and Real.

They are worried about when they will be getting their money back in a post-Covid climate, aside the clubs in question not being able to compete on the pitch, hence a closed shop proposal.

JP Morgan would pump in the start up but the likes of United, Liverpool and Arsenal would need to immediately hand back a decent wedge to pay down a tranche of the debt pile.

JP Morgan effectively pay themselves back and retain a major holding in the new Super League in perpetuity, with no fear of their bitches ever being displaced.

Guess where a certain Woodward used to work...

Absolutely crooked.

From what I am hearing, Covid just accelerated the plans and JP Morgan have been threatening to call in markers for some of the debts these clubs hold, primarily the American clubs and Real.

They are worried about when they will be getting their money back in a post-Covid climate, aside the clubs in question not being able to compete on the pitch, hence a closed shop proposal.

JP Morgan would pump in the start up but the likes of United, Liverpool and Arsenal would need to immediately hand back a decent wedge to pay down a tranche of the debt pile.

JP Morgan effectively pay themselves back and retain a major holding in the new Super League in perpetuity, with no fear of their bitches ever being displaced.

Guess where a certain Woodward used to work...

Absolutely crooked.
There are only two things you can do if you’re finances are screwed, increase revenue or reduce expenses....

Barcelona's Statement:

1.- FC Barcelona shares the view of most major European football clubs, and even more so given the current socio-economic climate, that there is a need for structural reforms to guarantee the financial sustainability and feasibility of world football by improving the product that is offered to fans around the world and by consolidating and even increasing the fan base on which this sport is sustained, which is its mainstay and greatest strength.

In this context, the FC Barcelona Board of Directors accepted, as a matter of immediate urgency, the offer to form part, as the founding member, of the Super League, a competition designed to improve the quality and attractiveness of the product offered to the football fans and, at the same time, and as one of FC Barcelona's most inalienable principles, seek new formulas for solidarity with the football family as a whole.

The decision was made in the conviction that it would have been a historical error to turn down the opportunity to be part of this project as one of its founding members. As one of the world's top sports club, our intention shall always be to be at the forefront, this being an indispensable part of the club's identity and its sporting, social and institutional spirit.

In whatever case, FC Barcelona, as a club that always has been and always shall be owned by each and every one of its members, expressly reserved the right to submit such an important decision to the final approval of its competent social bodies following careful and very necessary study of the proposal.

2.- Given the public reaction that the aforementioned project has generated in many and various spheres, there is no question that FC Barcelona appreciates that a much more in-depth analysis is required into the reasons that have caused this reaction in order to reconsider, if necessary, and to the required extent, the proposal as originally formulated and resolve all those issues, always for the good of the general interest of the football world. Such in-depth analysis needs time and the necessary composure to avoid taking any rash action.

We feel it is equally important to highlight the objective fact that a Court of Justice has already granted urgent legal protection as requested, thus confirming right of the initiative on the part of the founding clubs of the Super League project. In this regard, FC Barcelona considers that it would be improper for the necessary process of reflection and debate to be established under criteria of unjustified pressure and intimidation.

Despite being perfectly aware of the importance and interest raised by this matter, as well as the need to always act with the utmost transparency, FC Barcelona shall act at all times with due prudence and asks for the utmost understanding, respect and most of all patience among FC Barcelona supporters and public opinion in general.

That might be the worst statement of the lot, no doubt thinking about their financial situation as opposed to the health of football.

I think we're missing a really big story (or at least part of the story) here, and that's why they suddenly tried to launch this now.

Super League plans have been formulating for 15 years, yes, but this was not a well though out attempt. I've said in a comment before how they could have done it much better quite easily, and at the very least they should have brought on some PR agency to draw up plans, handle the outcry, present the structure in a meaningful way.

This was a seriously last minute thing, 2 English clubs were invited the day before the launch FFS and PSG and Bayern weren't even tied down.

And the other thing is....August! They wanted this to start in August. That's insane. Look at the CL reforms...approved in 2021 for a 2024 change. And that's an existing competition without a legal minefield to get through.

It's not just rushed, it's bloody desperate. They knew if it failed they'd be stuck in UEFA for a decade at least and they still tried this embarrassingly amateur attempt.

I don't know what it was, but something made Perez and Agnelli jump and try to rush through a plan that should have been 6 months or a year in the making in 1 weekend.

I suspect the finances at Real, Juventus and Barcelona are much, much worse than people are predicting, and that this whole thing was precipitated by Joan Laporta realising after a month in charge at Barcelona that the club is bankrupt and reaching out to Perez.

Agree. Something made them rush it before Bayern and Psg were on board, with 2 English clubs joining last minute. My first guess, a leak to the media or media getting a hold of it. Second guess, lroviding guarantees to banks needed to extend their loans. Hearing Ceferin today, UEFA getting a hold of it.

No punishment for the Spanish clubs says Tebas.

Punishment to reputation won't do any harm, as sad as that sounds.

Their own fans will forgive them in the fullness of time and the international fans the clubs are appealing to won't care.

It's only the fans of other clubs that will be bothered, but truthfully they never would have liked the clubs involved to begin with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.