The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

Now he wants to be seen as the saviour ...

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich led the charge to get out of the European Super League, with the reasons behind his move now becoming apparent.

Abramovich stepped in to pull Chelsea out of the Super League on Tuesday, having listened to the depth of feeling from club supporters in opposing the radical plans.

What a crock of PR shit. The spinning coming out of the clubs over the last 48 hours is a sight to behold

Fixture list for 2022 ESL has been released

week 1 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 2 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 3 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 4 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 5 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 6 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 7 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 8 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 9 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 10 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 11 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 12 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 13 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 14 Real Madrid vs Barcelona
week 15 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
week 16 Barcelona vs Real Madrid
What is the format for their cup competition?

That’s not how it works.

JP Morgan agrees to secure funding for the SL. They will not be providing funding from their own coffers, instead they act as an advisor. They provide marketing and lending expertise, securitization advisory (loans vs bonds vs stocks etc) as well as a large contact list of institutional lenders like insurance companies, asset managers and hedge funds that would be potentially interested in buying the securities marketed by JP Morgan.

Since the project fell apart, there will be no funds since nobody is interested in lending money to de-facto bankrupt clubs.

Though I do not speak for JP Morgan, I work there, though not on this project nor did I know about it. On Monday I let my boss know I will be leaving before the end of the year.
Bingo. That answers the question that was puzzling me, of why we were invited, along with Chelsea, when the other 3 PL clubs (ignoring Spurs) hated us & have done their best to undermine us for years. Wouldn't even surprise me if Abu Dhabi capital was involved. Us being in was clearly a condition of the others getting the finance, whether the US-owned clubs like it or not. And the rush to do this, which I also couldn't work out was probably because some of these clubs were skint, with Spurs in particular needing to find £150m pretty sharpish.

And I now remember that one of the issues with 'Project Big Picture' was the proposal that key decisions could be taken by a handful of clubs, without others having a say. So it's not unreasonable to suppose the same thing happened here, and that us & Chelsea may have been sold the project as 'founder members' but we were anything but.

In fact I reckon we were very much seen as second-tier members, at the mercy of a small cabal, and that any financial gain from this could just as easily be taken off us. So we got cold feet and decided that it wasn't necessarily in our financial interest. Fan or other external pressure probably played little or no part in our own decision to pull out.

And therefore we weren't acting as some noble Trojan Horse, as I thought we might have been. It was far more likely to have been that the big £ signs in our eyes weren't quite as big as we thought they were. If that's the case then the judgement of our owners & execs in jumping into bed with these snakes, who've been actively trying to destroy us, has to be seriously questioned.

Last edited:
Bingo. That answers the question that was puzzling me, of why we were invited, along with Chelsea, when the other 3 PL clubs (ignoring Spurs) hated us & have done their best to undermine us for years. Wouldn't even surprise me if Abu Dhabi capital was involved. Us being in was clearly a condition of the others getting the finance, whether the US-owned clubs like it or not. And the rush to do this, which I also couldn't work out was probably because some of these clubs were skint, with Spurs in particular needing to find £150m pretty sharpish.

And I now remember that one of the issues with 'Project Big Picture' was the proposal that key decisions could be taken by a handful of clubs, without others having a say. So it's not unreasonable to suppose the same thing happened here, and that us & Chelsea may have been sold the project as 'founder members' but we were anything but.

In fact I reckon we were very much seen as second-tier members, at the mercy of a small cabal, and that any financial gain from this could just as easily be taken off us. So we got cold feet and decided that it wasn't necessarily in our financial interest. Fan or other external pressure probably played little or no part in our own decision to pull out.

And therefore we weren't acting as some noble Trojan Horse, as I thought we might have been. It was far more likely to have been that the big £ signs in our eyes weren't quite as big as we thought they were. If that's the case then the judgement of our owners & execs in jumping into bed with these snakes, who've been actively trying to destroy us, has to be seriously questioned.

Do you really think something so obvious escaped our owners ? In my view, as Perez said in one of his lucid moments, we were never really interested, but, also, in my view, it would have been commercially irresponsible not to be involved if it went ahead.

Do you really think something so obvious escaped our owners ? In my view, as Perez said in one of his lucid moments, we were never really interested, but, also, in my view, it would have been commercially irresponsible not to be involved if it went ahead.
The point is that we wouldn't have been aware of the full details until we signed that letter of intent, at which point we probably saw the full contract. And something I have heard is that the picture initially presented was not the one in the contract.

Perez is hardly going to say "Well we didn't really want them but were told they had to be in for us to get the money. But we had no intention of treating them as equals so naturally they fucked off" is he?

Obviously I have no idea what the full contract terms were but we do know there was a proposal to limit wages and net transfers to 55% of income. So if you're not getting the same income as, say, United, your 55% is worth less and straight away you're a second tier club. We also know that the 5 clubs invited each season wouldn't be getting anything like what the founder clubs were promised.

So we get sold a promise of guaranteed media revenue of, say, £350m a year minimum from this, just for media revenue. Plus a similar down-payment. But that only holds good for 2 or 4 years, at which point the real founder clubs can change the formula while we have no say but are bound in by our contract. So we say thanks, but no thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.