The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
We all know who was involved and wanted this ESL setup - they appointed themselves on the ESL board

So the apologies from those said fuckers don't mean anything whatsoever

And let's not forget, regardless of this esl being vetoed it is far from over. It is correct to assume that they will try again at some point

We have now witnessed 2 attempts to monopolise the game we love by the yanks

Two corrupt bastards meet. Just like Brexit, I bet BlowJob was all for the ESL until the court of public opinion made him change his mind.....
Spinning and lying is a way of life for all those in positions of power. On the receiving end someone once said ....The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you’re not worth the truth.
This episode has merely cemented this viewpoint. More will come out, more will come. Trust is really hard to earn and easily tossed away.

The point is that we wouldn't have been aware of the full details until we signed that letter of intent, at which point we probably saw the full contract. And something I have heard is that the picture initially presented was not the one in the contract.

Perez is hardly going to say "Well we didn't really want them but were told they had to be in for us to get the money. But we had no intention of treating them as equals so naturally they fucked off" is he?

Obviously I have no idea what the full contract terms were but we do know there was a proposal to limit wages and net transfers to 55% of income. So if you're not getting the same income as, say, United, your 55% is worth less and straight away you're a second tier club. We also know that the 5 clubs invited each season wouldn't be getting anything like what the founder clubs were promised.

So we get sold a promise of guaranteed media revenue of, say, £350m a year minimum from this, just for media revenue. Plus a similar down-payment. But that only holds good for 2 or 4 years, at which point the real founder clubs can change the formula while we have no say but are bound in by our contract. So we say thanks, but no thanks.
I haven't got your grasp of big business but that makes sense even to me. We would have been in if all had been equal and that saddens me, we are just a means of making money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.