The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
On the Spanish Football Podcast, Sid Lowe said he was speaking to someone at an English Super League club and they were massively knocked back by Florentino Perez's mad rambling 2 hour radio interview on Monday.

Apparently it was not the show of strength the were expecting to see from the other leaders of the super league, but gave off the impression that this was desperate and weak and according to this person really undermined confidence in the breakaway succeeding at the other clubs.

Lowe is not normally one for idle gossip, and the main focus was Perez and how the super league impacted him, so I thought it was an interesting anecdote.

It's a good question, perhaps City were still in the process of learning what ramifications might be out there for us?

It does seem very open and shut on the whole apology roll out.

In saying that, Soriano is certainly an aloof character, I'd go as far saying a snob.
Could well be I caught him on a good day, but the one time I've met him, he came across as a really nice bloke.

They're permanently victim-ready, probably got their own printing presses in their basements or got banners pre-printed up for every eventuality.
“Eenie meenie minie mo - which banner shall we show...”

I can imagine an upstairs room in a Liverpool Dock Warehouse, with banners for every occasion, on hangers, lining the walls, and a group of Liverpool Supporters Club committee members weighing up which one to dispatch to the minions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.