The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
How come only 95 posters on here are now in favour? That figure was over 100 the other day. Have some people resigned from the forum in embarrassment now that this shit show has been shelved? ;)
Perhaps they thought it was a good idea for us to be in initially.
But having seen the backlash and more details emerging daily they thought better of it.

A bit like Soriano.

I’m an Irish supporter since 1970, so what the British government says in general has nothing to do with me.
But if you want my tuppence worth, I wouldn’t let government and this one in particular anyway near having a governing influence in football affairs.

If they start passing legislation now for any reason, where would it stop.

Pure opportunism from Boris.

Perez believes the failure to establish the Super League will prevent the largest clubs from being able to afford the game's biggest stars, saying: "As for signings like [Erling] Haaland or [Kylian] Mbappe, they won't exist without the Super League.

Laporta: "It is absolutely necessary. The biggest clubs create the most financial resources and we must have our say in deciding how the earnings are shared," he said.

Reading that was all I needed to know about why they did this.

It almost feels like Brexit. We're out, and we're now back in control of our own destiny.

“Eenie meenie minie mo - which banner shall we show...”

I can imagine an upstairs room in a Liverpool Dock Warehouse, with banners for every occasion, on hangers, lining the walls, and a group of Liverpool Supporters Club committee members weighing up which one to dispatch to the minions.
When the news of the ESL emerged the chairman of the cottage industry of banner makers in Liverpool rubbed his hands together shouting 'this means more.

I’m an Irish supporter since 1970, so what the British government says in general has nothing to do with me.
But if you want my tuppence worth, I wouldn’t let government and this one in particular anyway near having a governing influence in football affairs.

If they start passing legislation now for any reason, where would it stop.

Pure opportunism from Boris.
City have ignored fans for years now. We used to have meetings with the club board/owners.

This all went out of the window.

I like this bit:
At the top clubs are allowed to treat their fans with contempt when it comes to ticket prices, kick-off times, support for the women’s game, wealth distribution and funding of grassroots. Supporter engagement has to be embedded into the decision making and power structure of all clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.