The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Why did Soriano/City wait so long to issue an apology? I mean, the apology wasn't exactly a huge, self-flagellating screed that would have taken 10 hours to compose. It was a 30-minute job. @Ric, @tolmie's hairdoo, @BillyShears - any theories?

It's a good question, perhaps City were still in the process of learning what ramifications might be out there for us?

It does seem very open and shut on the whole apology roll out.

In saying that, Soriano is certainly an aloof character, I'd go as far saying a snob.

Probably because the public apology was the least pressing thing for them when the league began to collapse.

From what I understand Ceferin and City spoke over the weekend prior to the Super League story leaking. We can only speculate as to what was said, but I suspect that if Perez is saying that City weren't committed, and City were talking to UEFA after Agnelli went dark, then we were clearly playing both sides.

So Monday I imagine their focus was politics at UEFA and turning the knife on the ringleaders of the ESL plan. The public statement was always going to be weak unless Khaldoon did a video.
That makes sense. I'm not in the least bit bothered by the apology (I didn't feel I needed one!) but was wondering why they waited so long. It seemed like an unusually long time for City to not act when they're usually so quick to quell worries/rumours etc.

It's a good question, perhaps City were still in the process of learning what ramifications might be out there for us?

In saying that, Soriano is certainly an aloof character, I'd go as far saying a snob.
Ha, I can see that about Soriano. "Do I REALLY have to write to the great unwashed?"

I'd criticise them.

I'd assumed from the little I'd heard up to now that this was some sort of clever masterplan to torpedo the whole the thing so was feeling quite kind towards them, despite everything that went on. But it seems going in was pure self-interest and, because the money wasn't as much as we thought we were getting or wanted, we came out.
Putting feelings aside. I can’t blame the club for wanting more money. We get to watch some of the best players in the world. The club has to constantly find ways to generate enough income to pay the obscene wages while trying to circumvent FFP and stay competitive.

The thread "Email from our CEO" seems lost, so I post it here again:

For me, the central 2 words in his mail were "success" and "growth".

Like global economical growth, which has led to various serious problems on our 1 and only planet, growth in the football industry obviously has negative consequences as well. Poor and rich, 1-club-leagues, huge gaps of competitiveness, opera customers instead of working class fans, atmo in the grounds and so on.

Especially on "Earth Day" we should also add the topic "carbon footprint of football", looking some years ahead. It will come.

We have to decide what we want (realize: it's about selfishness!...).
How much success do we need? How much growth would we accept, knowing not anybody can grow at the same amount in a limited system. What about fairness?

I'd like to know the growth target of our owners for the next 10 years, plain and simple, to decide if I can agree or not.

The whole fundament of football - and in reality much more than football - has to be discussed, and quickly, and transparently.

He/City didn't have to issue an apology at all so I think people who are still moaning about it should count themselves lucky with what they've had thus far

His people love him though. By his people I mean those who work closely with him rather than the general work force at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.