The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
This still dragging on, christ.
Whilst I'm not happy about what has happened, all over it now.
One thing I would add though is where the outrage and need for explanations from us all when our owners sold some of 'our club' to Silverlake and the Chinese. I'll hold my hands up if it happened and I missed it
i was thinking this morning that manchester city could give the fans a small percentage back and become a part owned fan club with every season ticket sold. you could can get a share and a voice on things the club want to move forward with ? the 1894 group could be a major player and should be giving a voice

i seen not so long ago that match going fans are just a small part of the turn over of the club money each season
so why not let the club fans handle the money from season ticket and match day tickets and the club could let the fans have a say on how that money from seasons tickets is used each year

the club could say this is idea or we want this player and your money from season tickets will be used and you can vote for one or the other and if the vote is in favour than it happens

i would like to know the revenue from season tickets and match day tickets come to each season ?
funny that people forget you don't buy the fans just the club ? maybe its time to involve the fans as well
Are you serious. The club allow a group of fans to decide on how they spend match revenue or chose which player to sign with it.
Which fans, 1894, why would they represent me? Cheesy? Bluemoon Legacy fans, even season ticket holders. Christ, those fans which scrap for a match day ticket when they can afford it have just as much right as a season card owner.
People need to give there heads a wobble

This still dragging on, christ.
Whilst I'm not happy about what has happened, all over it now.
One thing I would add though is where the outrage and need for explanations from us all when our owners sold some of 'our club' to Silverlake and the Chinese. I'll hold my hands up if it happened and I missed it

Are you serious. The club allow a group of fans to decide on how they spend match revenue or chose which player to sign with it.
Which fans, 1894, why would they represent me? Cheesy? Bluemoon Legacy fans, even season ticket holders. Christ, those fans which scrap for a match day ticket when they can afford it have just as much right as a season card owner.
People need to give there heads a wobble
I’m sure Colin from Didsbury could have taken a club that hadn’t won trophy in a generation and turned it into a global giant in less than a decade ;)

How this came about:

Rags and Liverpool want to (at least) compete with us, but without significant owner investment. Their owners want to be able to take huge amounts out of the game for their pockets.

Real and Barca believe they have a divine right, not just to success, but to be able to outspend everyone in Europe with ease. Because of this very attitude, they are up to their eyes in debt.

Arsenal - sub-scale versions of Rags/Liverpool.

Spurs - bleeding to death with debt and desperate.

In short, a mixture of entitlement and huge debt.

And all these clubs have to do is stop spending what they can't afford, instead of pushing the upward spiral of wages and transfer fees.

This isn't our problem, they made hay when their sun shone and now it's our time surely? If they die as clubs others will take their place.

I don't know if it's been done but Utd's poodle in the MUG says that Woodward only knew about the launch 24 hours in advance. Obviously we know that they had they are heavily implicated in its design but I think Perez launched it out of the blue. The question is what was City's thinking?

1. Heaven sent opportunity to get Liverpool and Man Utd out in the open. "We'll go Florentino". ANd when they are all signed up. Immediately, resign, and force everyone else out so there's no ESL and maximum possible embarrassment to Liverpool and Man Utd. Already cost Woodward.

2. We were caught off-guard and accepted for fear Real Madrid and Barcelona and Man Utd would sail off into the sunset never to be seen again.

I don't like option 2 because it seems to me that City although shocked perhaps by the timing would have known all about the ESL and surely it would not work. How on Earth could it be expected to operate in parallel with the Premier League?

I think people outside of Manchester City will struggle to get their heads around this but City fans and executive have had a traumatic 2 years and this is very much the type of underhand horse-trading and dodgy deals we expect. Don't forget this follows Spygate as well as FFP and CAS. We have been at war for a decade. I can well imagine that MCFC have been looking for an opportunity to press the red button for years.

This is the first time since the takeover that we are on an equal footing with the cartel. They've basically been destroyed. By act of God, or by act of a cunning plan?
I'm sure the scousers will try something Hillsborough related to try and cover their side of the mess. As disappointed as I was with the City's decision. I've moved on from it and hope the City execs learn from this.

Where as he Yanks will still try something new. Best thing is if JP Morgan start calling in their debts. Fuck them - bankrupt and put these clubs back 20 years.

Would it not have been great if all the worlds best players just came out and say this stinks to high heaven and they would never join a team involved in such a competition no matter how much money was on offer - that would piss on all their chips

i was thinking this morning that manchester city could give the fans a small percentage back and become a part owned fan club with every season ticket sold. you could can get a share and a voice on things the club want to move forward with ? the 1894 group could be a major player and should be giving a voice

i seen not so long ago that match going fans are just a small part of the turn over of the club money each season
so why not let the club fans handle the money from season ticket and match day tickets and the club could let the fans have a say on how that money from seasons tickets is used each year

the club could say this is idea or we want this player and your money from season tickets will be used and you can vote for one or the other and if the vote is in favour than it happens

i would like to know the revenue from season tickets and match day tickets come to each season ?
funny that people forget you don't buy the fans just the club ? maybe its time to involve the fans as well
No thanks. 99.9% of us fans are clueless on how to make a success of our own lives & some struggle to run a bath, never mind how to run a football club! I say Swales out

And all these clubs have to do is stop spending what they can't afford, instead of pushing the upward spiral of wages and transfer fees.

This isn't our problem, they made hay when their sun shone and now it's our time surely? If they die as clubs others will take their place.
And a great example of that is Philip Coutinho and who was involved again ?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.