The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

I’m actually inclined to believe him. Not a single club has come out to refute what he has said which tells me this thing is going to happen, irrespective of what everyone thinks.

Thats not true. Josh Kroenke said reports it would cost Arsenal £8m to leave the superleague were wildly exaggerated.

So if 8 is exaggerated then the 300m perez is claiming is delusional.

Also there will be meetings this summer where joining a super league will be made illegal under the PL and FA and at UEFA so the idea for a super league they had replacing the CL but running alongside league football is dead.

So the team that has won 4 of the last 9 PL titles and is likely to win another never really wanted anything to do with it, and the current CL holders and runners up weren't involved. Not very "super" was it?

I’m actually inclined to believe him. Not a single club has come out to refute what he has said which tells me this thing is going to happen, irrespective of what everyone thinks.
I wouldn’t believe him if he told me the sky was blue.

He is a fucking deluded nutter

We were never going to cosy up to PSG because of the UAE/Qatari stuff but we could’ve sat on the fence and not signed up or formed an unlikely alliance with Bayern.

Despite everything that’s gone on, I do think - perhaps by luck rather than design - we’ve come out of this in a stronger position than we were previously, whereas many of our rivals have been weakened. Sure, Bayern and PSG are the biggest winners on the face of it but European football isn’t just about those 2 clubs and I can see City having a closer working relationship with UEFA in future, whereas the likes of United, Liverpool, Real, and Barca are well and truly on the naughty step.

I don't think that Abramovic was ever that keen on it either.

Bottom line here is they (we) (all clubs) want more money, in part because of the losses due to the pandemic, and in part due to incompetence by other clubs.

maybe but why talk about pulling out and don’t do it officially? He was edging his bets waiting for us to officially do it he didn’t want to pull out officially because he might think Chelsea pull out and we invite another premier club and if it did take of it will leave him and his club in the shit!

The club had to join the ESL as if it had taken off that was where the coin would be. Imagine if we had said no at the beginning and it had taken off those same peoples criticisms would now be aimed at the club for not joining . Hindsight is brilliant but a split second decision isnt easy. Yes our club was stupid but how many would turn down more money.

We were never going to cosy up to PSG because of the UAE/Qatari stuff but we could’ve sat on the fence and not signed up or formed an unlikely alliance with Bayern.

Despite everything that’s gone on, I do think - perhaps by luck rather than design - we’ve come out of this in a stronger position than we were previously, whereas many of our rivals have been weakened. Sure, Bayern and PSG are the biggest winners on the face of it but European football isn’t just about those 2 clubs and I can see City having a closer working relationship with UEFA in future, whereas the likes of United, Liverpool, Real, and Barca are well and truly on the naughty step.

I don't think we had the same luxury that Bayern or PSG had, as nobody else from Germany or France had signed up they weren't about to be displaced. I sill cant understand how there could be 6 English clubs in a super league the ratio's were all to cock. The impression that I get from everything I have read is that they needed us more than they actually wanted us. Lets remember it was going to be 15 fixed members with 5 invites. Lets assume that Bayern, Dortmund and PSG all agreed to join that would be the 15 clubs with 6 teams from England. No teams outside of England, Spain, Italy, France & Germany. Suppose they could get an Ajax or Shaktar involved to bring in Holland and Russian interest and they wanted to drop down to 5 English clubs. Which of the 6 would the Rags, Dippers, Arsenal, Barca, Madrid, Juve want to miss out on the riches they would all get?
I suspect we know who, and maybe this is why we signed up although we had reservations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.