The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I agree but am surprised you've missed the one club with possibly the biggest potential, Newcastle. A big city team with a passionate fanbase capable of full capacity every home game, helped by the ground logistics. If only they could get free of the shackles of Ashley and get an owner with a decent business development strategy, I'm convinced they would be a credible top four force in the PL making it even more attractive than it is now.
I purposely didn’t use them as they were one of the most successful clubs in English football up to the late 1950s. I tried to use clubs who haven’t ever really had big or sustained success before (I know West Ham won the European Cup Winners Cup... and the World Cup!... but they’ve never won the league).

Owners could control costs and make money. Which is what they want.That's how all this shit started, because the US owners couldn't compete with the likes of us and Chelsea.
Our owner isn’t in this for money he’s got more money than he could possibly ever need. This is about global exposure and he wouldn’t be remotely interested in your boring bland model. The football pyramid works by having super clubs and super stars who generate most of the revenue, the solution is to distribute it to the rest of the pyramid. People like to follow and associate themselves with excellence and some ‘everyone is the same’ approach would kill the goose the laid the golden egg. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

So we are now left in a position where our greatest enemies, the Qatari clubs Bayern and PSG have their executives taking the roles left by Woodward, Agnelli et all. If we’d have left it at least one of those positions would of been filled by Khaldoon/Soriano.

Great work City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.