The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

I’m actually inclined to believe him. Not a single club has come out to refute what he has said which tells me this thing is going to happen, irrespective of what everyone thinks.
Even in commercial law, in the uk at least, punitive punishment clauses are not legally enforceable. The English clubs might be on the hook for the total expenses and committed costs incurred to date, but I doubt they could be hit with any more than that.

From the quality of the launch, I doubt much has been spent or committed to so far, so the overall liability will be limited. This seems to be the same conclusion arrived at by six or more separate teams of lawyers/accountants.

Thats not true. Josh Kroenke said reports it would cost Arsenal £8m to leave the superleague were wildly exaggerated.

So if 8 is exaggerated then the 300m perez is claiming is delusional.

Also there will be meetings this summer where joining a super league will be made illegal under the PL and FA and at UEFA so the idea for a super league they had replacing the CL but running alongside league football is dead.
It's already against PL rules. There are only specified competitions that PL clubs can play in.

So Ed Woody met with Boris Johnson days before the news of the super league broke, no mention of any other clubs in the meeting. Reported that they didn't discuss the super league as the meeting was about Covid and getting fans back into stadiums.

It can't be just me who thinks that the discussions should have been taking place with the FA and Premier league rather than one clubs CEO. How can the rags stadium be any different to anyone elses?

Then again if they can interview the head of the FA then why not the Prime Minister.

If we hadn't been allegedly cheating FFP then we wouldn't have had anything to be cleared of. So technically they're not incorrect.

what a load of bollox.

if I make an allegation that you are a murderer then you wouldn’t have anything to be cleared of. So technically you are a murderer.

we were cleared of FFP.

Just because some bitter sods make an allegation doesn’t mean its true, we would all be in a lot of trouble if that were the case.

It's already against PL rules. There are only specified competitions that PL clubs can play in.
But City and no-one else has actually played in any tournament.

The most you could say is a number of clubs were applying for permission to play in a hypothetical tournament.

Best of luck making any charge stick in court!

I agree but am surprised you've missed the one club with possibly the biggest potential, Newcastle. A big city team with a passionate fanbase capable of full capacity every home game, helped by the ground logistics. If only they could get free of the shackles of Ashley and get an owner with a decent business development strategy, I'm convinced they would be a credible top four force in the PL making it even more attractive than it is now.

I think the potential of Newcastle is overstated. No way that area is competing for top players against Manchester and London (and by extension Madrid, Barcelona, etc). Even we struggle sometimes on this front. FFP will limit their ability to compensate with wages, which probably limits them to being a solid Europa league club at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.