The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
but even with billionaire owners they can't break through the elite now - not only is it anti competition, football speaking, it's anti competition, financially speaking.

They've carved off a large slice of the pie for themselves, forever.

It is immoral, unethical and absolutely wrong. It is a racket.

You're whole argument seems to be, we've been unofficially shafting everyone for decades, but lets make it official and permanent to shaft everyone else and somehow you've made the leap to think that's ok. If that's your world I don't want anything to do with it. You're welcome to it

No my whole argument is that as they've been shafting everybody unofficially for decades then when they begin to officially shaft people, then saying "well this is shafting people" is not a good argument against the shafting. You're fucked either way.

My whole opinion, and I've said that I'm leaning towards the SL but I see problems with it, is that we should do whatever is best for Manchester City Football Club. Because that is their job as owner and board members. I don't support the Premier League nor the Champions League, I support City and my primary opinion is always going to be that we should do what benefits City the most.

This happens with or without our participation.

There are 2 facts that I keep coming back to with the CL. 1 - Since 2006 there have been 59 English entrants into the Champions League and 58 have been the "big 6".

And 2 - in 29 years since the Champions League format came in, there has been 1 new winner of the European Cup - Chelsea in 2012.

European football is broken beyond repair already, and in reality the super league proposal doesn't change all that much. Its already a closed shop, just not officially.

We don't know how qualifying is supposed to work, but if 1 non "top 6" English team a year is involved, that will make it more inclusive than the Champions League has been for nearly 20 years.

Something had to change. This isn't my preferred direction, but the status quo was almost as bad and who knows where this format will end up after the bartering and brinkmanship and concessions end?
Fair points put forward with facts, so it will definitely be lost in the current forum hyperbole.

Anyone else think Pep will fuck off? You expect a winner like him to give a toss about a micky mouse competition where you are ever present automatically?

I hope he does. At least i'd feel I can separate this season from it, in a desperate cling onto some moral high ground.

But where the fuck would he go? Game over, very much.

Football is only about money now, at many levels.

The Aguero moment would extremely likely not have happened without massive amounts of money.

Our club was transformed by Sheikh Mansour - We've all revelled in the trophies that have followed ... but it took A LOT of money to pull that off.

As a massive investor in our club, the Sheikh also has a right to make his investment back and actually make a shed load of money too.

Football is a business now ... not a sport.

What every e is forgetting is most of the clubs supposedly breaking away have their own TV subscription channel. They demanded the right to show champs league matches on them and Uefa said no.
The reason this announcement was made yesterday was to shit on the Uefa statement being made today about reform. What is likely to happen is uefa cave in and grant Rag TV and the rest 4 matches a year and the corrupt cartel will all carry on as normal.

Agree its something to tie us down as we get stronger. You only need to look at Barca, a billion in debt. The only way these clubs could catch up is with a cash cow and it sounds like that's exactly what this is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.