The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Unfortunately their proposal is all but cut and dried. It is what we are getting.
It's still a lot better than the ESL's proposal, regulation is coming to football once the ESL falls flat on it's face, then hopefully we can get rid of these proposals.

I honestly hope after digesting this news for the last 2 days that we are playing something shrewd and crafty to get our payback on the yanks and other established cartel clubs that have tried to fuck us over with FFP

I honestly pray that we have not done this solely on a business decision by jumping into bed with these twats after everything they have done to try and destroy our club and the owners reputations - something our opwners are all to aware of on a personal level

The reason they are doing this ESL is because they are hugely in debt - why would we want to help them out after all thats gone on before

Please let this be a power play where we have played a part in exposing them for what they are
What do we gain from pulling out though?
Go crawling back to UEFA and beg to join their competition and play with PSG and Bayern, both the biggest opponents to us in world football.

Unless of course you think us leaving would collapse the whole deal which is not going to happen, they will just fill our spot with someone else.

Yeah i get that and the new format is shite but teams like West Ham, Leicester could still qualify for the CL under that format if they finish in the top 4. Do you think they will be ever "invited" to the ESL?
Have they still not mentioned how the 5 other places are qualified for? No idea what leagues they will go to. Or whether Perez just picks some teams he likes each year.

There's emotion, romance, and football fandom. Then there's the realities of a board of directors and the fiduciary duties of that board. Your post is pot on.

The question of returns is really at the root of this. The Americans want to jack their returns up and FAST. Roman and Mansour can probably afford to sit on the asset for another ten years, but the reality is with Silver Lake at the table also and with the harsh fact that they are going to go and head and try and do this regardless of City's stance, City had little choice.

Be on the outside pissing in or on the inside pissing out.

The Yanks are deluded and unfortunately, in my opinion, Khaldoon and Soriano have massively misjudged this.

The growing unity of the people and football institutions against this can’t be ignored, all it takes is one club to back out for it to unravel and I hope it’s City.

I get why City have joined in fear of being left behind, but I hope they are realising in hindsight that if they had originally refused then there was no way that this would go ahead.

Here's my opinion and mine only - Tin Hat on

Are we really surprised about this - Football lost its morals a long time ago - It's been about money as long as I've loved the game (1978 onwards)

We as fans are craving for Haaland, Messi, Mbappe - they don't come for free. Everyone involved in football are fleecing us the fans - Players, agents, Clubs, TV companies, Kit companies, Leagues etc - yet we keep coming back

How many of us have been upset when we haven't outbid for a player and moaned "but we have more money" - we are also to blame for this as our expectations are to win at all costs

I think there is a play here from City - we know we don't need this money - but we may do if Uefa, Premier League etc keep putting restrictions on us.

This is us putting the middle finger up at UEFA but I'm sure also offering an olive branch to them as we are the most undecided of the 12 - remember UEFA have just put Tebas on their board, they tried to screw us and were party to it and went with it. Same with the Premier League clubs siding with the Yanks. Maybe its about time City had some influence in UEFA -

The best way to shut the ESL is if all players denounce playing it in - that way the product is crap and unmarketable the best players don't want in - Lets see how many do that? Mino wants Haaland to be the first £1m a week player - hmm wonder what Real and Barca told him.

Without players there is no ESL - If players don't denounce it then you see the picture - even they don't give a shit as their pockets will be lined.

I'm still not as upset as many - I chose City and will be City until the day I die whether we are in the ESL or not. Fuck me the current Government are creating more atrocities that this shit.

They can fuck off the hypocritical letter signers, they'd have jumped straight into bed with them too if asked. I agree that it should be stopped though.

agreed - i expect the same outrage aimed at UEFA's new CL format that allows past history to allow a club like liverpool to finish 7th and still qualify

The whole of european football needs to be hit on the reset button with a sledgehammer

I understand the sentiment. But it's just business. Shareholders (not fans or other stakeholders) are what drive business decisions by executives to maximise the money of their shareholders. The collatoral damage to City's 'legacy' monetary support will have been offset against the gain of incoming money for the SL (JP Morgan & whomever will be showcasing it) and the projections presented of the future income to be derived from majority 'new' markets - eg Asia/Africa.

Sadly sentiment is nowt.
it is to me and i suspect most on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.