The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Let me try and explain this morning properly ...

It's like I've been in a long marriage (we all have been in our own way) with City ... and then one day you find out that she's cheated on you and gone and slept with someone else ... and then you hear that someone else is actually the bully from school or work that you've been fighting non-stop for more than a decade ... now this morning a divorce is right there on the cards ... will there be a patch up and this marriage will go on? maybe, who knows, maybe because it's been a long standing relationship and we have seen so many ups and downs together so there might be compromises going forward ... but that thing will hang in there, forever ... she went and slept with someone else and none other than my enemy ...

So that should answer those asking what of my relationship with City after this ...
Precisely the analogy I was using with non-footy following American friends yesterday trying to explain how I thought the majority of City fans felt.

yes lol, And also Tony Blair pretending he used to watch Jackie Milburn at Newcastle. I think very few of them really follow a club. Just looking for some publicity that they think is relevant to the rest of us.

Didn't Blair claim to have watched "wor Jackie" before he was born? Truly a messiah.............

No doubt the club was put in a hard place - either make a principled stand and refuse to join as a founding partner or leap in now and suffer the wrath of some fans, media and of course UEFA. I understand completely why they chose the second option - It's kind of like what ultimately went wrong with the Common Market - we didn't join originally and by the time we did many of the rules and principles were already set in stone favouring the initial member states. We all know how this ultimately ended ha!

So, if we had declined and perhaps the SL becomes a huge success with certain rules and regs it would be hard to have a voice coming on board as a new partner. I don't necessarily agree with it at all but I suspect that if it happens it will be successful and despite what some say those who were there at the start will have a much better hand and more influence. Plus the financial gains will be huge. We all know how we have been made to feel by UEFA in the recent past - the new rich kids on the block and not worthy of our place - only in it because we have money etc etc. I don't recall at any time them referring to our wonderful past and how this club has meant so much to so many for decades. I don't recall any one saying how our owners have transformed a part of the City that was in decline and have helped put Manchester on the map in some ways.

I don't like that this is driven by FSG and Utd's owners but sometimes it's always best to keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

Final two thoughts - I think UEFA has been very arrogant for a number of years and will have zero sympathy for them if the CL falls apart by becoming a second rate competition. The way we have been treated in the competition sucks so I for one won't lose any sleep about it. Of course it's still not written in stone that it will happen but if it means we are treated with more respect I'm ok with it.

I also don't buy into some of the reactions today - most will be because they fear change to what has become a gravy train for a group of the most ill talented pundits and commentators there are. The football media should be perhaps thinking of using this to pressure the big 12 or whatever number it is to assist lower league clubs by the PL allowing a second team to be associated with smaller clubs in the area - this would increase fan bases as teams will have a certain number of players like a young Phil Foden to watch before they step into the parent clubs first team. The standards of the game should be raised at every level as should costs - wages, overheads etc paid by the parent club. The sport needs a kick up the arse and some of the old cronies need booting out.
Mr HJ. good post. It may take ages for the truth to work its way out. Maybe it never does. We have already seen some squirrel posts from clubs who are trying to sit on the fence and let others take the flack. Just maybe we overestimate our influence and our owners had no choice. Maybe we were told that it’s going to be our club... you have one chance to commit and don’t expect an invite later or decent terms if you don’t publicly back this proposal now.

Anyway you look at this it’s fucking awful for long standing fans. I believe what I posted in the last 24 hours. The people driving this are looking at short term rescue to dig them out of financial holes and long term gains. The thousands of loyal fans are collateral damage. I feel like I’ve been in a relationship wIth a person I have loved all my life. The relationship has been particularly sweet in the last 10 years but I’ve just been bombshelled with the news that my partner is going to start gang banging the Coldstream Guards ......and they never really had any respect for me. Ps don’t ask for pictures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.