The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
PSG not declaring their support.

Anyone think the refereeing in the CL semi (If we’re not banned before then) will be unbiased ?

I mentioned that in a previous post, PSG have carte blanche to do what the fuck they want, previous referee performances when we've been fucked over will look fair in comparison.

All very good questions bud which cannot be easily answered. I want the best for city. If that makes me an immoral **** then so be it. 2 wrongs don’t make a right but city warned the league that this could happen and they voted anyway. The hate shown towards us was OTT.
I agree. I can't support the current ESL proposal but if something better can be negotiated which protects domestic leagues and reduces the closed shop then I would be open-minded. UEFA knew what they were doing when they came up with their absurd plans for 2024 which in my view are almost as damaging to the PL as the ESL plan and in some ways worse.
Ceferin was warned, just as he was over the CAS case. But in both cases he thought his opponents were bluffing. I accept that two wrongs don't make a right but I don't think it is fair to blame City for what has happened here. I am pretty sure that City wanted to build bridges with UEFA (Khaldoon said as much) but they threw it back in our face (egged on by the cartel)
None of us yet know how the detailed plans will end up or how much power City will have in the new ESL structure. It doesn't look good at the moment when you look who we have got into bed with. But let's at least see how it all shakes out.
It is also worth remembering that the broadcasters like SKY and BT will be the biggest losers here (the ESL will have its own broadcasting platform) so don't expect any impartial coverage from SKY, BT, or the biased BBC.

Where to start?

- ' Top 6' earning £300m more than the rest, probably more as the Premier League TV rights will suffer.
- 'Other 14' even less likely to keep hold of their top players as they're offered ludicrous contracts.
- Meaning-less games, if you're not top, you might as well finish 17th.
- Less competitiveness, less drama, less excitement, less match-going fans.

Leeds vs Liverpool tonight...1 fighting for the European conference league, 1 fighting for top 4 and premium European football, how would this game look next year? Liverpool wouldn't give a flying fuck if they got beat 8-0.

It affects the competitiveness of the league.

I don't even want to continue, it's quite obvious it's going to destroy the domestic league.
Yeah but will we get Haaland ?

Let's say City get excluded from the PL but have a few games in this Super League thing, how does that give the players enough games?

It'd be like being part-time.
As I keep saying, they bin off the Prem and just have a closed Super League with a round robin schedule as the Prem has (see my previous post). The new structure replaces the Prem AND the CL.

What's the maths on this?

If the ESL would generate more revenue than the Champions League and the Premier League, or it's close then, then we had no choice (a Premier League, CL without Real Madrid and Barclona will collapse).

I think City will be hoping this collapses and will exit if they suspect it will not get off the ground.
Shouldn't that be what's the math?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.