The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
If reports are true that City and Chelsea were backed into a corner to sign up surely seeing the outcry this has created it’s not to late to come out now and say we have changed our minds and no longer wish to be part of this. Both clubs would be seen as saviours of the English game and fuck the other 4 clubs who have tried every trick to stop us progressing.
That's bollocks mate. If you listen to all the clubs the rhetoric outside of Real Madrid and United will be we had to join and didn't have a choice.

No one is I think too bothered about the CL. Don't care what you call it. What matters to me is a closed shop league divorced from the rest of football. It's elitist boring nonsense. it would have no long term future anyway.

If I were City I would be seeking talks with the Premier League, UEFA and Government.

So far I suspect City have just been pragmatic and done what we think is in the best interests of the club, but if we get the feeling it's not going to happen we should blow it up.

I hate the idea but I can see that City have been put in an almost impossible position. Easy to say we should just refuse but Utd and Liverpool are basically burning the rest of football, and if they are successful we'd be Kings of a nothing league.

The best hope is that the regulators kill it,and City make a sharp exit. I'd be negotiating.

This is of course assuming we don't have our noses firmly in the trough with the rest of them.Logically, the Premier League and UEFA CL were great for us. We were on top. It makes sense for a Spurs. It makes less sense for City. We are likely the weak link in this. COuld we exit from this? I suggest City are just motivated by pragmatism.

What regulators are you referring to?

Well, after the mess of the ESL and the awful changes to the Champions League, where the "history clubs" get in over teams which finish above them in the league, then this is really putting me off this type of football. I would be much happier if City just played in the domestic league and cups. At least we can watch home and away games regularly.

I guess if our owner wanted too he could always pull us out of any European competition and organise a one off end of season game against the winners of these two competitions, sell the TV rights and we could earn £1 billion extra from these games alone...It's a thought...!

We wouldn't have to play a load of meaningless European league games, and could concentrate on leagues and cups and then earn a load of money at the end of every season. I mean, weren't half of Real Madrid's European cup wins when only a few teams took part through invitation only..?

LOL. "We are gonna fuck you over, but IF we are not ready to fuck you over yet, you let us fuck you over later."

They know this is all heading to the Courts first.

Please can we still play in the Champions League until it is rubber stamped.

The audacity, there are no words.

Split it into two sports. These lot can keep their 'soccer', make it just like an American league and be stuck in it for eternity as punishment.

We'll keep football going without them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.