The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Bringing the competition into disrepute. It does not matter where they six clubs finish now, if they down tool it can have big implications for the rest of the league.

Interesting. Don't know if that is enough, I doubt the 6 wouldn't have expected that though.

If reports are true that City and Chelsea were backed into a corner to sign up surely seeing the outcry this has created it’s not to late to come out now and say we have changed our minds and no longer wish to be part of this. Both clubs would be seen as saviours of the English game and fuck the other 4 clubs who have tried every trick to stop us progressing.

I don't agree. Whilst they are the owners, they are also custodians and have to protect the long-term interests of the club?

You and me will be long gone one day, there are no kids to take our place, as the song states.

The way people consume life is changing quicker than I ever thought possible. Globalisation is happening across all society and will continue to do so.

It was sad that so many people lost their jobs at Debenhams, but the likes of Amazon have come along and have driven them to the wall, doing it quicker and better than the High Street.

I'm 46, so have seen how City have changed during my lifetime, the club as we once knew it died a long time ago.

I like this version better than the one I grew up with, it was shit, barring the banter with my mates and the dreams of City one day winning everything in sight.

As I say, people are entitled to their own viewpoint, but the club will know why the dots have to join up.

There is a massive echo chamber at present, fulled by SKY and Uefa, social media, all with their own agendas.

My agenda will always be City being at the top.
I hear what you say and mostly agree, I just can't get past the Americanisation bullshit, no promotion or relegation, so, glorified friendlies then.

As someone else on the forum mentioned earlier, what comes next off the yanks list of shit ideas. Trading/drafting of players, 4 quarters instead of 2 halves (tv advertising), pop up adverts during the match money money money.....wtf.

The choice is do you want to be part of a competition or a show?

I am so pissed off. I don’t mind ideas to raise more money it’s that a closed shop renders all results meaningless. I get that Americans don’t understand this but the closed shop is for the USA sports (one country) this cannot work for 52 Nations across all Europe who are used to fighting for trophies.

If one club jumps ship and comes back I think others will follow. I hope it’s my club and I hope we still have a say.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate.

But if that’s the case, why weren’t all our fans turning their back on City over the last 5/6 years as they’ve seen the greed growing in the game?

I get fans declaring this as a moment in time - a line in the sand, if you will - but for the most part that’s not what’s actually being said.

Fans are slating the Club for siding with the ESL and making a call on which of the two evils they went with - and in that context I don’t really get what decision they expected the club to take given the limited and equally unpalatable options on the table.

The unpalatable option is the option we have left the rest of the football pyramid with and that is probably why its a line in the sand for some.

We have sold out the rest of football to satisfy our own greed and to be honest I think were kidding ourselves if we think we were left with no alternative, its a narrative fans on here are using to blindly support the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.