The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Hope upon hope that the club uses some form of an employee to monitor sites like this and realise what they’ve done and are about to do.....if there is anybody out there from the club please,please do the right thing and press the abort button.leave OUR club intact.

There's multiple parts to UEFA. There's the Secretariat - Ceferin and the employees - the national leagues and the clubs. Within the latter two, there's the powerful national leagues and others and likewise for the clubs, with the old G14 lording it over the other European clubs. So a lot of vested interests vying against each other.

I don't envy anyone in Ceferin's position, who has to try to keep all those competing forces in balance. The big clubs bring him his revenue so tend to have the loudest voices but inevitably and eventually, appeasing them season after season will just lead to them demanding more. Then, as we're seeing now, they'll ditch you when they think it's in their interests to do so.

I've said it before that Ceferin is probably our friend, in as much as he wants to keep everyone happy as far as possible. I believe he tried to stop the FFP shit but (again) a breakaway was threatened by our enemies. Maybe the CAS case was actually the catalyst for this ESL. The timing certainly fits.

I'm now even wondering if we're playing a long game in this, possibly working with Ceferin.

Maybe hopelessly optimistic but I wonder if we've fluttered our eyelashes at the breakaway group, understood their plans, suckered them in, then betrayed them by leaking the Super League plans and then we'll pull out, leaving them isolated, maybe even out of their national leagues and international outcasts. The PL needs 15 clubs to agree something as major as expulsion so 6 clubs in the ESL renders that path impossible. But if we were to withdraw, maybe Chelsea too, then a majority vote that sees the US-owned clubs outside the PL is obviously achievable. It would be stunning revenge.

But, as I say, maybe I'm just being hopelessly optimistic.

But then we could have done that without signing up. We could have got this to a point where we verbally committed but then walked away. That would have been a PR master stroke.
Re that last bit - I think the organisers of the SL wanted at least 12 teams on board before announcing it, and they wanted to announce it just before UEFA revealed their CL revamp plans. As Bayern, PSG, etc, didn't give an answer it seems that City (and perhaps Chelsea) were perhaps told it's now or never so the club felt they had little choice but to put their name to it as that's what they required from us rather than a verbal agreement?

Funnily enough, regarding the other bolded bit I was thinking exactly the same earlier this morning. It sounds far fetched but this could be part of a masterplan. Us and Chelsea pull out (which was our plan all along), and try and get Spurs onside too but if they don't join us, no problem because we now have a chance of getting them and the 3 main instigators booted out of the Premier League by way of a 16-4 vote!

I had to skip over 100 pages, I was hoping that over night we might of fucked this off, I was hoping the club who i had always thought believed in the right things played their hand and say we had no desire for this, we went along with this to expose it, but it seems we are nothing but pigs at the trough, if they don't make a uturn, and apologise then for me until these greedy don't give a fuck owners leave OUR club i am finished with city, they are custodians of OUR club nothing more, until they about turn or fuck off then I'm done, 50 odd years I've given to the club, blood and tears for this club, until we do the right thing for football I'm done ,

The irony is that the new Champions League is a mini-ESL in everything but name. UEFA obviously knew what was threatened. THe press have been talking about it for years. Klopp was asked about it. Everyone inside of football must know who the movers and shakers are. The media,like the Guardian, will have us down as architects even when they know we are not.

The Premier League needs the 6. I think they will find agreement but how it works itself out I don't know.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a walk back from City next couple days, much as I thought it impossible.

Uefa were speaking to us yesterday and it sounds like we may have been offered something to break away from the breakaway.

Football politics, eh?

Also, keep an eye on Infantino. We are much more closely aligned to him and even discussed a Super League of sorts with him which would have seen Soft Bank put up the funds, a firm Abu Dhabi has a big stake in.
f3ypWH.gif

Yep. Like NFL owners and that is what is driving it. Stability in the business model, entertainment for a worldwide audience and a healthy profit margin for the investors.

City sold a chunk of CFG to Silver Lake, a private investment fund. They weren’t investing on the romance of City v West Brom on Tuesday night.

I've been to WBA on various days of the week and it's never romantic but I want to keep going there (I even have a membership so that I can sit in the home stand to watch City when the loyalty points don't cut it.

Cefrin always gives me the feeling of a man that likes our club and the way in which it's run, The UEFA elite, the ones we have now colluded with were and still are our enemies.
I was under the impression that he was against a lot of what went on at UEFA before the CAS hearing and is an ally to City? I’m almost certain I’ve read that on here from a reliable poster?

We are being stitched up big time here. The clubs that want to stay at the top will get more revenue so widening the gap ahead of us once more. These clubs both hated and feared us with a passion and forced UEFA to go after us. They want us gone. UEFA couldn't do it so they've broken away and created a new competition into which we're invited but it widens the gap, so really we make up the numbers. The rags, and dippers, as two history clubs get more revenue too so that will put them ahead of us once more in the premier league. How long will it be before they decide we've broken some rule or change the rules to boot us out? Actually given that we're getting much less revenue so will find it impossible to compete against them in a few years again they probably don't have to. We have been lured into a trap and they've played a blinder the snakes.
This is my big fear. We will go with them then when UEFA give them what they want, we will be thrown to the wolves.

It's a strange one. City haven't shown any sign of wanting to take money out of the club in the form of profits, instead, using the 'organisation' to facilitate other business oportunities around the globe and in Manchester.
I can understand Silverlake and the Chinese consortium supporting the descion as it is an immediate financial boost to their involvement. So I don't see why Cityhave changed their minds on their business model.

It could be that it was between the devil and the deep blue sea. We wouldnt trust uefa or these hyenas. Make no mistake, if this fails (and it should) it will increase UEFA's hand considerably, and don't forget, we know what a corrupt, racist and dispicable organisation it is. It's a feckin mess!

Also, I bet that the 'next level' clubs would have joined, given the opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.