The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Maybe it's just me but I can't get worked up about this.

The ESL is just another step down a road that football has been travelling for 30 years.

At least this time City aren't going to be left behind whatever happens.
Don't get worked up for us then, get worked up about it ruining our sport, about it stifling competition, about it destroying clubs all over the country. This is bigger than City.

It‘s as much about business stability than ‘greed’. A franchise model guarantees income streams. No more uncertainty over qualifying or not qualifying for CL. It’s also about control over the product and the clubs that generate the most cash, receiving that cash.

The aim is to shift from a competition with jeopardy to an entertainment model with only mild or manufactured jeopardy. Football as content on Netflix.

The other factor is these clubs are in financial trouble, Madrid made no signings and are looking to finally build a new stadium, Barca are a billion in debt, same with Spurs and no one is making money. There is a €350m sign on bonus just for turning up. UEFA aren’t promising any real new cash until 2024.

There will be a European Super League, the only debate is will it be under the umbrella of UEFA or outside it.
Business stability which is driven by money Bob. These owners are very wealthy and most are not prepared to put their own cash into the clubs hence they want a bigger slice of the pie.

The ESL is just another step down a road that football has been travelling for 30 years.

The ESL is the logical progression of the UEFA Champions League. If you look at the UEFA Champions League new fornat one is the halfway house to another.

Man Utd were architects of the Premier League and the Champions League and bit by bit they, and other clubs take a bigger slice of the pie.

We certainly do not have an ideal sporting model on one hand and an avaricious model on the other.

Our new leader...

Florentino Perez: "When Madrid and Barcelona play, the world stops. It's a luxury that we have here. When Manchester United and City play that doesn't happen."

Florentino Perez: "Us, big clubs, we will get a lot of money, then we will distribute it to everyone. But first we need the money.

Florentino Perez: "This isn't a battle for money, this is a battle for football. We're trying to save football, and some people don't care because it's not in their financial interest."

Florentino Perez: "We might have to make the football match shorter if it's not interesting"

Florentino Perez: "Small clubs' survival depend on us, and this will be good for them

Florentino Perez: "We will hire some of the best referees in the world."

Florentino Perez: "Barcelona are going through a difficult economic situation, Laporta immediately understood and accepted like all the great clubs in the world. This Super League will save the entire world of football"

Florentino Perez: "This change, we owe it to all the fans."

Florentino Perez: "The UEFA president INSULTED Agnelli today, and that is UNACCEPTABLE

Florentino Perez: "They can't kick us out from this season's #UCL

Florentino Perez: "Our players will NOT be banned from the World Cup. I guarantee it. They can be 100% certain of it.

Florentino Perez: "All I do is for the good of football."

Florentino Perez: "Here at Real Madrid, we lost a lot of money and we are in a very bad situation."

And that's the crux. When normal people talk about football, we tend to mean the sport. When this prat talks about football, he literally just thinks it's RM and Barcelona...

Getting in to bed with this lot is like supporting the roman empire days before its downfall. Better to let them fail, like the banks in the global economic crisis and a new world order be formed.

So all these ESL teams want there cake and eat it, play in the premier league and midweek in the ESL. So they enjoy the the premier league ££££. And they want £££ from the ESL and so from their cash cow it will make them even richer, creating an even bigger gap between the other 14 premier league teams ? How can this be fair, they don’t even get relegated. Not for me anyway.

What saddens me is all the hate aimed at the club nobody seems to be thinking what the players and manger are thinking because they have been put in an awful position there life will be turned upside down you can just see the abuse from rival fan's and even our own fans that there going to get when out and about. The end of the day it's the owner's pushing for this crap not them

I’m kind of with you. I’m totally against the ESL but this is where we’ve been heading for quite a while and if the governing bodies would have been less corrupt and self serving....they wouldn’t have been caught napping.

Id like to see a raft of legislation brought in on the back of this.
- Fan ownership
- Spending limits
- Mechanism for greater competition in the league/CL
- Maybe a player draft system
- UEFA disbanded and replaced with a less partisan group
- Controls on owners and ownership

Genuine question - you think Soriano cares about repeated fans (season ticket holders etc), or is happy for each seat to go to the highest paying 'customer' (the term sickens me) in the club shop etc?
Correct, it's like pubs, they don't want a loyal customer who has 5 pints a night 3 times a week, they want some giddy fucker who has something off the menu a few cocktails and fucks off after 2 hours so the next giddy fucker can do the same, your loyal support means fuck for them, you don't spend enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.