The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
This thing won't get off the ground. They're is so much opposition from the fans of every club and the national associations that it would never work.
As much as UEFA are a bunch of corrupt cunts it is plain to see that the clubs we are getting into bed with are the same bunch of scroats who tried their damnest to exclude us from European competition and who have been pulling the strings at UEFA for years. But City have a chance to gain the moral high ground by turning their back on the super league and supporting the national game. Leave the others high and dry while we take a moral stand. The good publicity we would get would last longer than the proposed super league.
Not only is this wrong on so many levels , us alligning ourselves with the red alliance actually feels like merger between City and the rags, of which I don't want any part

That chance is long gone. All in or bust now

Mr HJ. good post. It may take ages for the truth to work its way out. Maybe it never does. We have already seen some squirrel posts from clubs who are trying to sit on the fence and let others take the flack. Just maybe we overestimate our influence and our owners had no choice. Maybe we were told that it’s going to be our club... you have one chance to commit and don’t expect an invite later or decent terms if you don’t publicly back this proposal now.

Anyway you look at this it’s fucking awful for long standing fans. I believe what I posted in the last 24 hours. The people driving this are looking at short term rescue to dig them out of financial holes and long term gains. The thousands of loyal fans are collateral damage. I feel like I’ve been in a relationship wIth a person I have loved all my life. The relationship has been particularly sweet in the last 10 years but I’ve just been bombshelled with the news that my partner is going to start gang banging the Coldstream Guards ......and they never really had any respect for me. Ps don’t ask for pictures.
As I was typing similar posts appeared. Looks like many fans emotions are similar. It’s shit.

The Champions League, for decades, has only been about money very thinly veiled as a competition - underlined by the fact you don't have to be a champion of anything to get into it.

However, by that virtue, smaller clubs had 'a chance' to get in it to play some of the bigger clubs. In reality, this romantic possibility very rarely happens and so, ironically, The Champions League is always made up of the same clubs.

UEFA has always allegedly 'helped' the clubs it wants to be there too. They have gone even further with that with their new proposal.

The club could quite easily have declined to take part. Someone else would take our place in a flash. The fans could deal with that.

However, would the fans be happy to lower their expectations substantially in terms of the team's achievements, transfers and playing staff as a result due to an enormous drop in revenues.

There are plenty in the Transfer and Matchday forums who would seriously struggle with that in my opinion.

I think the difference here is the money involved

Winning the champions league nets you about £100mil, but this new league offers €350mil just for participating, €500mil for winning

It may be similarly money influenced, but the fact Arsenal who haven't qualified for the champions league in years are there highlights the other problem

If leicester/West ham got top 4 and then got to the 1st knockout round they'd net about £40mil, a huge sum for them

Now you compare a £40mil cash injection for a team that's earnt it to a €350mil cash injection for one that hasn't its disgusting

No way any of the other 14 can compete with that and basically passes all over those that have tried to aim for sustainability (look at Barca, RM, United debt)

The two options you have outlined are a direct consequence of clubs behaving like City, Liverpool and United and putting their own agendas above the interests of the good of football.

So if their is no choice its because of our own greed.
Greed has been around in football for years now. As Simon Jordan mentioned on talksport earlier the owners have to come up with the huge salaries that the player's get and most clubs have been hit hard by the pandemic.

The player's have to take some form of responsibility in this cash grab. Like I said earlier as well I don't see any asking for their contracts to be ripped up because they are so against this. It will all be about how much more money they can get out of this as it always is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.