The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It shouldn't take any changes. As a club we have never been so powerful in the game. We are the best team in the country, one of the best in Europe and are financially strong when other clubs are not.

Perez and his cronies can talk about saving football all they like, they did the same with FFP, only everyone isn't buying it this time. FFP 1.0 was about stopping City and the next Man City - the "smaller" clubs were blasé about it all because they didn't see, or chose to ignore the bigger picture. ESL (FPP 2.0) impacts these clubs directly and now they wont lie down without a fight.

These "elite" clubs are scared, scared that their choices are spend a fortune (that they don't have) to maintain the status quo, or spend nothing to balance the books and watch other teams go past them. They will do whatever it takes, like inviting a club they've tried to bury for the past decade into their little cabal. Why are we helping them? We should be burying them. You reap what you sow.
^^^This^^^

I've just been having one of those "Talking to a brick wall" conversations with a Rag mate. He's absolutely livid about ESL, BUT is STILL insistent that he supports FFP, even though the aims & objectives are the same.

The only difference being, FFP was aimed solely at City, but ESL is aimed at every club outside the select 15. My dickhead mate just refuses to acknowledge this, & keeps insisting FFP was about debt, but can't explain why Barca, Real, ManUre & Juve have so much of it, 11 years into FFP.

From the Sky tweet. Is Pep reading a script? Watch carefully, when he talk about sport is not sport etc.., he looking down at something on his left side, then look up and talk, then look down again, then look up and talk, like he reading something.
Don't do drugs, kids.

No you have to work to find a better solution. Both options are shit for domestic football with the Glazer/FSG one the worst. Pep's comments were perfect. Someone needs to bang the owners' and UEFA bosses' heads together. Woodward needs to be frozen out of the discussions because he is pure poison and not trusted by anyone.
Absolutely. I did wonder if the dig at UEFA was a response to Ceferin's 'it's not too late to change your mind' comment. i.e. we need to see movement by UEFA first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.