The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Anyone who thinks this was our plan all along should go re-read sorianos email.

For it to be true, he’d now need to be lying in his emails to supporters which surely puts it to bed.

They got swept up in it, made the wrong decision and righted it. Doesnt make them instigators but equally they fucked up and misjudged the eventual reaction

Part of that is true, about it being a mistake and it being righted. Not that lying to fans is an issue, but it isn't lying if they are taking responsibility for that part.

The issue isn't did they make a mistake or not. It is why did they make it, did they know the risk and outcome, was it worth it, and was there another way. I think they knew fine well the likelyhood of how it plays out, risked it, came out ok, better than had they not gone along. The inmediate shortlived (less than 48 hour) issues will recover. The long term shifts will remain.

Sid Lowe who is an Spansh based football journalist is reporting Real Madrid's owner's comments about the English club. That might start penetrating into the consciousness of a few people.

These are just interpretations. There wont be a smoking gun but there will be a strong impression from a lot of football observers that this was a settling of scores.

The whole greed v fan power discussion the media is pushing is not very convincing. Why would City exit a set-up where we are dominant to a set-up where we'd be mid-table and where we'd have refinanced all our rivals. It's illogical. We'd have to be really financially desperate to do that. We know that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool are devious, and they plotted behind the back of football but City imo used their desperation to deliver a punch below the belt. They had it coming.
Spot on

For it to be true, he’d now need to be lying in his emails to supporters which surely puts it to bed.

They got swept up in it, made the wrong decision and righted it. Doesnt make them instigators but equally they fucked up and misjudged the eventual reaction
So if we were playing a devious game what would you have him say in the letter?

Personally I agree that this wasn't planned and what has resulted isn't some kind of masterclass in deception. However, I don't agree with your logic, IF(and I don't believe we did) we had joined this to bring it down from the inside, wouldn't we have also have been disingenuous in doing so?

Personally I agree that this wasn't planned and what has resulted isn't some kind of masterclass in deception. However, I don't agree with your logic, IF(and I don't believe we did) we had joined this to bring it down from the inside, wouldn't we have also have been disingenuous in doing so?

Disingenuous? Maybe, but is that really applicable in the snake pit?

Disingenuous? Maybe, but is that really applicable in the snake pit?
my apologies I wasn't clear... my point was directed at the

"For it to be true, he’d now need to be lying in his emails to supporters which surely puts it to bed."

comment. Yes he could have been disingenuous when signing up to this idea and lying to the supporters in the email!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.