The swathes of empty seats in The Family Stand

There really are some arrogant people on here. Someone makes a valid point that there were several rows of empty seats located together and they receive a load of abuse.

Understand people are on holiday blah blah blah....bit strange they must all sit together....perhaps it was just a very large family or several rows of fans liked each other that much when they met at the valencia game they decided to go to Benidorm together...

I await some pompous yank to tell me to just enjoy the result...which i did so dont bother.

I was in 233 with my 8 year old son, having moved this season from 329 in the Colin Bell. To be honest, I saw very few empty seats. I have read with interest all the negative press about the North Stand relocation etc. but all I can say is well done City. With the traffic, it took us 2 hours from Blackpool through some of the worse weather I've ever driven in and I can't say I was in the best mood, but from our arrival everything changed!
There was no smoking that I saw in the stand, my son was entertained with other children by magicians, and spent ages looking at all the pictures etc with which it has been decorated. There was very little swearing, and one fella actually apologised to my son when he swore in excitement! The atmosphere was brilliant, and I for one think its much better than the third tier in the Colin Bell!
Remembering going to football as a kid, clutching on to my dad and feeling intimidated by the whole experience, I can only say my son had a ball and was made to feel special from when he first set foot in the ground today and is looking forward to the Blackburn game!

waspish said:
My seat wasn't empty. What's this fixation in how many empty seats in a ground? Times are hard games are on tele Internet feeds different kick of times. Most of our games this season will be Sunday or Monday with us being in Europe.

well said waspy!<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm --<br /><br />I have sat in both 3rd teirs, L2 of the colin bell (plush padded seats) south stand and 110, apart from the banter in the singing section, my ST in 134 last night was the best experience i've had, no arseholes smoking, got served at the bar in a jiffy and no chavvy teens!

To the northstanders who relocated out of my seat,s cheers.

*singingtheblues* said:
BluePurgatory said:
Agree mate there was some on here last week wanting rid of Dejong these are prob the type you are talking about.

No idea what you're talking about.

Season ticket holders are always counted in the attendance, regardless of whether they attend or not. The tell-tale sign of people not attending is when you happen to see the empty seats, you know, with your eyes?

And I'm not one of the tedious bores who are always moaning about x y or z, this player's shit or that player's shit. So please don't pigeonhole me, you penis.

blue dallas said:
we beat liverpool 3 nil , which is the best result over them in 70 odd years,

and this is what you choose to talk about after the game !!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont work for the daily mirror do you ?

Yawn.

I know you have to be careful around here when giving an opinion which isn't coated in sprinkled stardust and happens to be critical about something the club has done, but fuck me, are you for real?

It has been debated on here whether or not the new Family Stand has been a success, and last night's attendance (or lack of) in the North Stand points towards it being a failure.

So I started a thread to see if any other posters had noticed this.

But lone behold a handful of tossers jump down my throat and harangue me for not sticking to their 'forum etiquette' and upsetting the balance of positivity in their tiny little minds.

Well thanks for helping me finally realise what a **** I am.

But yes, I'm devastated that we failed to lose last night, and actually managed to win convincingly against a top side. That's why I've been posting in other threads praising our players and generally making a **** of myself.

Dick.

Well apart from the aggression which is unnecessary... How can the family stand be a failure if we had an attendance of 47 087...?

These people obviously have bought SC's but couldn't, for one reason or another, make it last night. What are the club to do? Perhaps they should go around 10 mins after kick off, count the empty seats then get down to ASDA and drag people in to fill them..?

The maximum capacity is 47 726 so that means there were only 639 unsold seats in the whole ground and the were quite a few in the away end and taken up by segregation.

So what's the problem? And you wonder why some City supporters are berating you...?<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:46 pm --<br /><br />
timesprout said:
not to mention the fact that it was totally pissing down at the time i set off. Got to flowery field train station around 5:30 and was drenched, i wouldnt of wanted my son, piss wet through sitting for 2 hrs in his wet clothes and getting in around midnight

Perhaps some kind of waterproof clothing or Umbrellas might help...? Just a thought.

BillyMC said:
There really are some arrogant people on here. Someone makes a valid point that there were several rows of empty seats located together and they receive a load of abuse.

Understand people are on holiday blah blah blah....bit strange they must all sit together....perhaps it was just a very large family or several rows of fans liked each other that much when they met at the valencia game they decided to go to Benidorm together...

I await some pompous yank to tell me to just enjoy the result...which i did so dont bother.
pompous ! ha ha, no one has ever called me that ! top one,
i'm from mcr by the way and live in cheshire !

blue dallas said:
BillyMC said:

Did someone call YOU pompous?

TeBe said:
blue dallas said:

Did someone call YOU pompous?
pom·pous (pmps)
adj.
1. Characterized by excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity; pretentious: pompous officials who enjoy giving orders.
2. Full of high-sounding phrases; bombastic: a pompous proclamation.
3. Characterized by pomp or stately display; ceremonious: a pompous occasion.

yes disgraceful i know.
i'm pm one of the mods, i'm not happy !

We have had to relocate to Colin Bell stand from North stand - so far we miss the atmosphere, its so quiet on the halfway line - BUT walking around the concourse in the family stand made it all worth while - so many young kids, they are our future - need to plan extending ground for extra 30,000 capacity in next years

BillyMC said:

Rag workmate: Did you go last night?
BM: Yep
Rag workmate: How was it
BM: TERRIBLE!
Rag workmate: Why was that, you battered the dippers didnt you?
BM: O I wasnt watching the game I was counting the empty blue seats
YCMIU

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.