The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool could really do us a favour next week.

For all their disasters this season, they still have the 3rd best home record in the league and have only lost once.

Arsenal were very nervy yesterday until they got gifted the penalty by Leeds.

I still think we'll win the title, but if we could make that gap 5 points with a game in hand and the head to head match to come, I'd be feeling a lot more confident.
Absolutely this mate. We need a favour from dippers. And of course we need to beat saints.

So Liverpool go into the Arsenal game with less belief ?
Doubt it will make that much difference either way, their home and away form are so differentI don't think another away defeat would have much impact on their confidence to turn it around at home.Might make them more determined not to lose 3 on the bounce.

Remaining fixtures

Liverpool A
West ham A
Southampton H
City A
Chelsea H
Newcastle A
Brighton H
Forest A
Wolves H

Ours are

Southampton A
Leicester H
Arsenal H
Fulham A
West ham H
Leeds H
Everton A
Chelsea H
Brentford A
And I think it's Brighton at home to fit in

The only game of ours that really concerns me is that final game at Brentford, whereas I really can see Arsenal dropping nine points or more in draws and a couple of defeats
Arsenal will lose the league in the run of fixtures City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Brighton. In roughly the same period, we have Arsenal, Fulham, West Ham, Leeds, Everton.

I now think that Arsenal will beat Liverpool, by a couple of clear goals, unfortunately. LFC are abject. Last night showed it.
But I still think it's a very big ask for Arsenal not to drop points anywhere. As it is for us to win every single remaining league game. I comfort myself in thinking we've done it before. And we just looked in the mood on Saturday.

Last edited:
I now think that Arsenal will beat Liverpool, by a couple of clear goals, unfortunately. LFC are abject. Last night showed it.
But I still think it's a very big ask for Arsenal not to drop points anywhere. As it is for us to win every single remaining league game. I comfort myself in thinking we've done it before. And we just looked in the mood on Saturday.

My worry is that Liverpools away form is shocking for their high standards, but as the Utd game showed they are still capable of pulling a performance out the bag at Anfield. Plus, our record there is terrible as well.

The gap is currently two points, that's the way I choose to see it.

Factoring us winning our game in hand and needing to beat Arsenal at home, regardless.

All the rest is just hype.

Arsenal only need to draw a game and then goal difference becomes a factor.

All the above is based on us being perfect, which I don't expect, but I suspect Arsenal will be less so as the pressure mounts.

If they fail to take maximum points from Liverpool and Newcastle away, we will do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.