The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp dropping a load of player last night could help us if he brings them back for Sunday.
They will be rested and also have something to prove.

I think we need them to drop points before the FA Cup semi-final.

Otherwise they'll be 11 points ahead going into the head to head match, and while we'll have 2 games in hand, points on the board is a real thing, it will take the pressure off them.

Arsenal fixtures :

lfc - Ars 1pt
WH - Ars 3pt
Ars - Sthampton 3pt
City - Ars 0pt
Ars - Che 3pt
nufc - Arse 1pt
Ars - Brighton 3pt
Forest - Ars 3pt
Ars - Wolves 3pt

20pts

City Fixtures :
sthampton - City 3pt
City - Lei 3pt
City - Ars 3pt
fulham - City 1pt
City - WH 3pt
City - Leeds 3pt
Eve - City 1pt
City - Che 3pt
Brent - City 3pt

23pts

I thnk its going to be close whatever the above results.

Arsenal fixtures :

lfc - Ars 1pt
WH - Ars 3pt
Ars - Sthampton 3pt
City - Ars 0pt
Ars - Che 3pt
nufc - Arse 1pt
Ars - Brighton 3pt
Forest - Ars 3pt
Ars - Wolves 3pt

20pts

City Fixtures :
sthampton - City 3pt
City - Lei 3pt
City - Ars 3pt
fulham - City 1pt
City - WH 3pt
City - Leeds 3pt
Eve - City 1pt
City - Che 3pt
Brent - City 3pt

23pts

We've got a game against Brighton too.

I think you're being harsher on City than Arsenal in those games. Apart from when we play Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool away are by far the toughest games either side have.

Outside those games, you've got us dropping points, but Arsenal winning every game, when their other games look tougher as well.

The gap is currently two points, that's the way I choose to see it.

Factoring us winning our game in hand and needing to beat Arsenal at home, regardless.

All the rest is just hype.

Arsenal only need to draw a game and then goal difference becomes a factor.

All the above is based on us being perfect, which I don't expect, but I suspect Arsenal will be less so as the pressure mounts.

If they fail to take maximum points from Liverpool and Newcastle away, we will do it again.
I think arsenal will lose to us and pool and draw to Newcastle and I think we win all are games because we got are form back the city we love are back big players are stepping up like kev mahrez and if we don't have haaland we got alvarez

My worry is that Liverpools away form is shocking for their high standards, but as the Utd game showed they are still capable of pulling a performance out the bag at Anfield. Plus, our record there is terrible as well.
I couldn't give a fuck about dippers away form as long as they take 3 points of the tarquins on Sunday.

The gap is currently two points, that's the way I choose to see it.

Factoring us winning our game in hand and needing to beat Arsenal at home, regardless.

All the rest is just hype.

Arsenal only need to draw a game and then goal difference becomes a factor.

All the above is based on us being perfect, which I don't expect, but I suspect Arsenal will be less so as the pressure mounts.

If they fail to take maximum points from Liverpool and Newcastle away, we will do it again.
They will do Liverpool over. That’s my mindset going into the game anyway.

Arsenal fixtures :

lfc - Ars 1pt
WH - Ars 3pt
Ars - Sthampton 3pt
City - Ars 0pt
Ars - Che 3pt
nufc - Arse 1pt
Ars - Brighton 3pt
Forest - Ars 3pt
Ars - Wolves 3pt

20pts

City Fixtures :
sthampton - City 3pt
City - Lei 3pt
City - Ars 3pt
fulham - City 1pt
City - WH 3pt
City - Leeds 3pt
Eve - City 1pt
City - Che 3pt
Brent - City 3pt

23pts

You're forgetting Brighton in that. That's got to be rescheduled for us, and we play them at their gaff. Won't be easy. But it gives us one extra game.
I think Arsenal will take three points at Anfield, now, but I agree with you on every other fixture, except Newcastle United, where I believe they'll lose in a tight game (1-0. Newcastle's defensive record is far better than anyone else's. They've had difficulty in scoring, but they seem to be getting their mojo back on that count. They will also be playing for top four at that point, I believe, and if that doesn't motivate the Geordies, I don't know what will). On our fixtures I'd be sort of surprised if we don't take three points at Fulham, but I think we could easily draw at Brentford. In short, I think you're being too generous to Fulham, and not enough to Brentford. Same number of points taken in either scenario.
Everton will be a dogfight. They'll pack their box, and play it like an away game. They'd be happy with a point again against us. That'll be as much of a key match, but for very different reasons, as the one against Arsenal on 26th. The latter — if ever there was a must-win fixture, that's it. It's not quite a must-win fixture for them, but if they do win it they're champions, in my view. They'd probably settle for a draw. But neither team really does draws, if you notice.
I've studied and studied the remaining fixtures for both teams, but it's like trying to read tea leaves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.