The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think risking it the right word. If we beat Leeds and Arsenal fail to beat Newcastle, it would allow for rotation against Everton. But no way do we want that cushion to be reduced. We’ll beat Chelsea, I just don’t fancy going to Brighton and Brentford needing a win. To put it simple, let’s just get it wrapped up before even thinking about resting players.

You can never be sure of anything in football but it ought to be one of our easiest remaining games. Just hoping that any mooted Pochettino appointment doesn't happen until after we play them.
Think Poch has decided he doesn't want any part of the mess until the season has over, and then he can have a full pre-season with them. Very understandable.

@Manchester_lalala I'd rather we didn't risk any of these games but last night showed Pep seems happy to rest players so they are fresh for Madrid. I'd much rather win vs Leeds and risk Everton than not go full strength this Saturday but I think Pep will have one eye on Madrid.

Ideally we get to that Chelsea game with it all but done.

Arsenal will beat Newcastle

I wouldn’t rule it out. Newcastle have done well but have had a few wobbly results in between the good ones (Liverpool at home, Villa away). I wouldn’t be banking on Arsenal dropping points. After Newcastle they have Brighton at home, Forest away and Wolves at home.

As far as I see it we need 12 points (11 may be enough) any slip by Arsenal is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.