The Tottenham Thread 13/14 part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markt85 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I take no pleasure in Spurs being raped by the Anfield racists.

Spurs really were shocking and a complete disgrace today. I really believe that AVB will be a great manager.

I keep hearing this

He was awful when he joined Chelsea, the tosser dropped Terry, Lampard and Ashley Cole in some vital games and Chelsea would of finished around Mid table if he was left in charge that season

Came to Spurs and got a team that finished 4th to 5th, they were playing just as shit as they are now - only difference being they had the Bale get out card.

This season where do you start ? 110 million spent on absolute crap. Tactics all wrong. Keeping faith in 28 million striker who is dreadful when you have Defoe on the bench. Criticising the home supporters. Crouches on the touch line with no idea what to do and speaks shit in interviews, just whispers , mumbles and answers like a politician to any difficult question

I really hope they stick with him

I don't agree they've bought 110 million worth of crap mark, some of those players just need a decent manager and time. Also playing so many new lads all at once has diluted the spirit of the team. As soon as they start playing with 2 upfront regularly then I think you'll see a big improvement.

Petetheblu said:
Markt85 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Spurs really were shocking and a complete disgrace today. I really believe that AVB will be a great manager.

I keep hearing this

He was awful when he joined Chelsea, the tosser dropped Terry, Lampard and Ashley Cole in some vital games and Chelsea would of finished around Mid table if he was left in charge that season

Came to Spurs and got a team that finished 4th to 5th, they were playing just as shit as they are now - only difference being they had the Bale get out card.

This season where do you start ? 110 million spent on absolute crap. Tactics all wrong. Keeping faith in 28 million striker who is dreadful when you have Defoe on the bench. Criticising the home supporters. Crouches on the touch line with no idea what to do and speaks shit in interviews, just whispers , mumbles and answers like a politician to any difficult question

agree with you their

I don't agree they've bought 110 million worth of crap mark, some of those players just need a decent manager and time. Also playing so many new lads all at once has diluted the spirit of the team. As soon as they start playing with 2 upfront regularly then I think you'll see a big improvement.

Markt85 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

I keep hearing this

Their biggest mistake was signing Soldado without having another Spaniard in the squad, Lamela without another Argentine in the squad and Eriksen without another Dane in the squad. Inevitably it'll take longer for these players to settle in to the new club and a new country.
City signed Negredo and Navas to accompany Silva and Garcia, Demichellis to accompany Sergio and Zaba, Jovetic who was already good friends with Nasti and Fernandinho who admittedly did take a bit to settle in.
They bought to much, too fast and it's cost them. AVB is a good manager but he's clueless when it comes to transfers.

Spud's mistake is buying good players for the sake of it with no real system. Look at us with Pellers. He has his system and knows what players he wanted for it. He knew he wanted Negredo for his height to complement Aguero. He knew he wanted Ferd to let Yaya get forward and Navas for our width. Even Mourinho has his system and knows what players he wants in it. I don't know what AVB's system is besides a high line.

Over the years they have sold their best players. The club has little ambition beyond the top 4 and with the bumper tv deal they won't even be bothered about that. Berbaflop was a quality player sold at the right price. Modric went on the cheap and with the veil of Bale removed they have a lack of quality and cohesion down the center of the team. Sandro will be off, Paulinho is fading fast, Dawson is a liability and he is supposedly the main man in defense? The squad has no balance. He has two average left backs and one decent right back. His holding players spend more time going forward than they do defending and unless Holtby is playing, there's zero closing down , or effort in general, from the from the front four. There a couple of spuds in my place of work , one is utterly delusional, every signing is a class act simply because they play for his team, hasn't mentioned the net spend, the net bulging might be more on topic!

I think he'll be gone by tomorrow. If not then, very soon.

But the game is up. Who we get in now I have no fucking idea. Head says it'll be Tim Sherwood but hope I'm wrong about that.

Another wasted season in all likelihood. Just wish Levy could appoint a competent manager. Each season is like going around the monopoly board again and not landing on the space we need.

Blue Hawaii said:
Spud's mistake is buying good players for the sake of it with no real system. Look at us with Pellers. He has his system and knows what players he wanted for it. He knew he wanted Negredo for his height to complement Aguero. He knew he wanted Ferd to let Yaya get forward and Navas for our width. Even Mourinho has his system and knows what players he wants in it. I don't know what AVB's system is besides a high line.

Bingo. His system has no distinguishing characteristic other than being wide open defensively. Every time I watch Spurs their central defenders are too far apart to help one another, their fullbacks too far up the pitch and Paulinho nowhere to be found.

If they don't get rid of this clown fast, they'll get another hammering because he's clearly lost the players.

GHoddle said:

But the game is up. Who we get in now I have no fucking idea. Head says it'll be Tim Sherwood but hope I'm wrong about that.

More than likely Sherwood if that happens, just as temp. Rumour on twatter is that Levy has asked about Rudi Garcia, he would be mad to leave his job now.

I did put a post after the match but it disappeared then the thread got locked, maybe there was a glitch or something. I can't be arsed to type again (don't remember what I wrote)

I sense a bit of deja vu, revolving door, supposed world class managers that end up not living up to expectation. I've seen Hoddle's name been thrown around, I remember his power struggle with Rebrov and only wanting to put Doherty as a lone striker. Funnily enough it seems that AVB is having that with Ade, Ekotto and destroying Lamela's confidence.

The only man I'd have is Rafa Benitez, done well at Pool and decent at Chelsea (won them a cup) , knows the English game. Won't leave Napoli though. Steve kean please!!!!

Crouchinho said:
GHoddle said:

More than likely Sherwood if that happens, just as temp. Rumour on twatter is that Levy has asked about Rudi Garcia, he would be mad to leave his job now.

I did put a post after the match but it disappeared then the thread got locked, maybe there was a glitch or something. I can't be arsed to type again (don't remember what I wrote)

I sense a bit of deja vu, revolving door, supposed world class managers that end up not living up to expectation. I've seen Hoddle's name been thrown around, I remember his power struggle with Rebrov and only wanting to put Doherty as a lone striker. Funnily enough it seems that AVB is having that with Ade, Ekotto and destroying Lamela's confidence.

The only man I'd have is Rafa Benitez, done well at Pool and decent at Chelsea (won them a cup) , knows the English game. Won't leave Napoli though. Steve kean please!!!!

I doubt Rudi Garcia would leave Roma now. Also we haven't actually seen much of him have we? Roma had an amazing start to the season but they've hit the breaks a bit recently, I'd at least like someone who has proven to do a good job.

Lucien Favre or Frank De Boer would be decent shouts (could see the latter happening with our connection to Ajax).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.