The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Mikecini said:
How long is remaining on 'arys contract?

1 Year.<br /><br />-- Wed May 23, 2012 9:58 pm --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
carlos92 said:
Danamy said:
Levy has certainly been acting lately as if he's preparing for life without Twitcher, the relationship between them is strained and is looking hard to repair, it'll certainly be an interesting summer down the lane that's for sure.

As i've said before though i'm still hearing Vertonghen is in the bag regardless.............

Pure guesswork from me but I expect the Scousers to rival that Vertonghen bid, if they get their skates on appointing a new manager.

I heard it was in the bag a couple of weeks ago but we'll see?

You are more than likely to be right, especially when Louis Van Gaal hasn't been approached yet.

Danamy said:
carlos92 said:
Danamy said:
Levy has certainly been acting lately as if he's preparing for life without Twitcher, the relationship between them is strained and is looking hard to repair, it'll certainly be an interesting summer down the lane that's for sure.

As i've said before though i'm still hearing Vertonghen is in the bag regardless.............

Pure guesswork from me but I expect the Scousers to rival that Vertonghen bid, if they get their skates on appointing a new manager.

are we going for a CB and likely to get whoever that is? I think we need one of the Thiago Silva/Hummels ilk.

Not sure on Vertonghen, after all he's only in the Dutch League and for half the forum that's not good enough for Guidetti so why should it be good enough for Verty? let him go to Spurs?

p.s. If they were going to sack Twitcher wouldn't they have done it by now, letting it drag on...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:
carlos92 said:

are we going for a CB and likely to get whoever that is? I think we need one of the Thiago Silva/Hummels ilk.

Not sure on Vertonghen, after all he's only in the Dutch League and for half the forum that's not good enough for Guidetti so why should it be good enough for Verty? let him go to Spurs?

p.s. If they were going to sack Twitcher wouldn't they have done it by now, letting it drag on...

I haven't heard any chat of a CB at this moment so can't answer that i'm afraid.

With regards Twitcher, all I know is Levy has been putting feelers out and sniffing around elsewhere, we'll see if anything comes of it?

Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:

I haven't heard any chat of a CB at this moment so can't answer that i'm afraid.

With regards Twitcher, all I know is Levy has been putting feelers out and sniffing around elsewhere, we'll see if anything comes of it?

I think he'll see out his contract and end up at either England, West Ham or Liverpool this time next summer.

taconinja said:
Blue Haze said:
lol crazy spuds fans want to sue us to take our place in the CL. From Glory Glory

Should City be placed in the Europa League?

Hi guys! I'm new here, but I thought I should share this with you. Maybe it's already been posted, then just delete
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...4_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...4_DOWNLOAD.pdf</a>

From this document it says:
2.03 The UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group
stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic
championship.
a) If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the
UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League
through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the 2
association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically
transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round
where there is a vacancy). In this case, the number of places to which the
titleholder's association is entitled in the UEFA Champions League and
the UEFA Europa League does not change.

Could we look forward to Mr. Levy using his summer in court facing City and/or UEFA?

Looks crystal-clear to me, City is ranked lower than us by now!
My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Manchester City are 28th. So, aren't Manchester City the lowest-ranked club?
Mind if I ask which thread this was from? I like reading craziness from time to time.

So they're wanting to sue us because we finished champions, but because were ranked lower in europe, they, being 4th, would get it over us?

WHAT! here's a hint... "Champions" League.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
taconinja said:
Blue Haze said:
lol crazy spuds fans want to sue us to take our place in the CL. From Glory Glory
Mind if I ask which thread this was from? I like reading craziness from time to time.

So they're wanting to sue us because we finished champions, but because were ranked lower in europe, they, being 4th, would get it over us?

WHAT! here's a hint... "Champions" League.

Correct we are ranked first in our domestic competition as we are champions. Spurs are ranked fourth and so get ''transferred'' to EL.

the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League

The above has nothing at all ,to do with the overall European rankings.

Danamy said:
carlos92 said:
Danamy said:

I would be very surprised if it didn't happen at this stage.

It looks like missing out on CL won't affect us too much with our targets, except Hazard. The other ones still want to come despite not being in it.

The bitterness on Glory Glory is amazingly funny, I just can't believe there seems to be a few decent Spurs fans that post on here, I didn't know they existed. Still don't have much time for most of their fans though that sing about a Ricky Villa goal that happened the year before I was even born, maybe we should start singing about the ballet on ice next year

GHoddle said:
Danamy said:
carlos92 said:

I would be very surprised if it didn't happen at this stage.

It looks like missing out on CL won't affect us too much with our targets, except Hazard. The other ones still want to come despite not being in it.

Its amazing you can attract these players with jack all to offer them in reality

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its amazing you can attract these players with jack all to offer them in reality
Its that snake Levy. He is seriously good at what he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.