The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

hello said:
Indeed my post missed the ! and had pretty shite typing I should proof read before hitting submit.

Yes the Jist was that your a rarity in posting reasoned comments rather than we're all scum for our owners having money and uefa should change the rules to suit you.

The question was poorly phased it that do you as a spuds fan think harry will take the Europa seriously as if you do i would say you have to be the top 4/6 in terms of a realistic chance of winning it.

Ah fair enough.

I don't think we'll play it any different to how we did last season to be honest, reserves in the group stages to hopefully see us through, and then introducing more first team players as the competition if we get through. It wasn't our reserves that let us down last time, there's was plenty of first team players against the team that we went out against, but they underperformed. I'd love to win it next season.<br /><br />-- Thu May 24, 2012 1:57 pm --<br /><br />
The Future's Blue said:
I hear they are going for Fat Sam, afterall, it doesn't take a genious to carry on with their tactics.

thumbs-up2.jpg

casualdeyna said:
The bitterness on Glory Glory is amazingly funny, I just can't believe there seems to be a few decent Spurs fans that post on here, I didn't know they existed. Still don't have much time for most of their fans though that sing about a Ricky Villa goal that happened the year before I was even born, maybe we should start singing about the ballet on ice next year

It's funny, the overwhelming majority of fans of most teams have been delighted for us about winning the league. QPR, who we'd just beaten, Chelsea, dippers, Toon/Mackems, even Everton, which genuinely pleased me. (Not so bitter as they like to make out.)

From what I can make out, for every spurs fan who is genuinely pleased for us there are another three who say 'it doesn't count, they bought it'. It's even worse when it comes to arsenal fans, who largely adopt this sanctimonious moralistic bollocks that football is first about balancing the books and only after that about winning games, let alone trophies. (Are their fans all accountants or something?). I've met more rags who are pleased for us than gooners.

I wonder what it is about these sets of fans that generates such bitterness? It is by no means universal - as you say there are some decent spurs fans (and gooners) who post on here. But it's a lot more prevalent among fans of those two teams than all others.

Chris in London said:
I wonder what it is about these sets of fans that generates such bitterness? It is by no means universal - as you say there are some decent spurs fans (and gooners) who post on here. But it's a lot more prevalent among fans of those two teams than all others.

We've jumped the queue, at least that's how they see it. Arsenal fans are arrogant enough to think that their top 4 place and role as title contenders would carry on unchallenged forever.
Spurs were just getting their act together at the same time as we got our "lottery win"

To some extent I can understand why Spurs fans are pissed off at us, but by the same token they suck the business end of the collective rag cock on a daily basis. Which makes them massive hypocrites imo.

The Spurs fans on here are decent lads but the muppets on glory glory are a bunch of snot gobbling wankers. In a way I'm glad they hate us, because I've hated them since 81 and their hatred goes someway into justifying mine.

It's always harsh when people paint every fan with the same brush.

Glory Glory or Talksport isn't any reflection on most fans. Just like when this forum has a loss there is a lot of hysteria and daft threads about wanting to sack Mancini and that Dzeko is crap. Most fans have some common sense.

People will always mention money but unfortunately that is the future of football. It's all well and good balancing the books but that won't win you any silverware at all

I think Levy is trying desperately hard to get funding for the new stadium, yet wants champions league football without breaking the bank. It's fine line stuff really and a risk we could fall back into mid-table mediocrity for another twenty years if a wrong transfer is made.

I don't think I've ever heard anti City remarks at The Lane or any City chants, people are too obsessed with hating Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham. City aren't even on the radar. I don't think that would be the same at The Emirates however, they seem to hate City with their silly banners about 'money can't buy class'. I don't think they get that they were paying double the wages of most clubs for the past 15 years.

Spurs' offer of unpaid PA position is a unjustifiable disgrace, says TUC
Tottenham Hotspur have been accused of ‘penny-pinching’ after advertising for an intern to work unpaid at the club for a year.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/news/900119-spurs-offer-of-unpaid-pa-position-is-a-unjustifiable-disgrace-says-tuc#ixzz1vyMWq7oY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/news/900119-spur ... z1vyMWq7oY</a>

Bosses at the Premier League club, which has almost £300million in assets, are looking for a graduate to work in the press office – but are only prepared to pay expenses.
TUC treasurer Mick Gosling said there was ‘no way’ the internship was acceptable when unemployment was so high.
‘The top stars are getting salaries of tens of thousands of pounds a week – how can this be justified,’ he said.
‘These young people have struggled to make a career for themselves – they go to college and are then faced with this Hobson’s choice of working for nothing and getting nothing. This is an absolute disgrace.’
The job, based at the club’s training ground in Enfield, north London, involves hosting the media on match days, monitoring news broadcasts, organising interviews, office admin and writing content for the club’s website.
Spurs said although it was not offering a salary, the successful candidate would be paid expenses.
The work experience offered a ‘unique opportunity for a young person to learn valuable skills that will provide a platform for future employment either within the club or elsewhere in the industry’, a spokesman added.

Tight bastards!

It's all our fault that Spurs failed to qualify for Europe, or more specifically Balo's fault, at least according to this fella.

I still remember City fans arguing that he was just finding his balance. That stamp effectively won City the title and took CL football away from us.

I wonder if 'arry will adopt this as his official line. He likes a good excuse does 'arry.

Crouchinho said:
People will always mention money but unfortunately that is the future of football. It's all well and good balancing the books but that won't win you any silverware at all.

It has always been about money since the game was invented. Football fans today need to learn the history of football. The team that has always won trophies has spent a lot of money.

WNRH said:
Crouchinho said:
People will always mention money but unfortunately that is the future of football. It's all well and good balancing the books but that won't win you any silverware at all.

It has always been about money since the game was invented. Football fans today need to learn the history of football. The team that has always won trophies has spent a lot of money.

I agree a lot, Clough could always get the best players with a wad of cash. Same with Pool when they dominated.

United took advantage of worldwide merchandise when the premier league started so they got a huge head start.

Although Spurs and Arsenal fans think it's good to balance the books it will never win much silverware. At least I don't think so

Crouchinho said:
WNRH said:
Crouchinho said:

I agree a lot, Clough could always get the best players with a wad of cash. Same with Pool when they dominated.

United took advantage of worldwide merchandise when the premier league started so they got a huge head start.

Although Spurs and Arsenal fans think it's good to balance the books it will never win much silverware. At least I don't think so

You can either do it the Spurs and Arsenal way and be patient and hope that the players are ultra loyal and not get jealous of lesser players winning the big trophies whilst they continue to be nearly men and then have to sell Fabregas, Nasri, Bale, Modric and then try and find similar players are start again.

or you can do a Chelsea and City are spend big to get success then try to balance the books years after.

I actually think that you lot missing out on CL football next season is the biggest blow you have had in your recent history. CL football could have attracted some big players and kept the likes of VDV, Bale and Modric happy and you would have had a solid base for a proper title challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.