The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Slicker than Sommeil said:
This. Look at Athletico and Athletic Bilbao this season, brilliant football and very very decent opponents. They've made it a reputable competition again and like you said, less pressure on your squad and valuable experience. By building a decent squad it could improve your league performances and individuals.

Exactly, this season could be key in the development of Livermore Naughton and Caulker and perhaps Kane, who will all presumably get plenty of time in the Europa group stages so will be happier to stick around as opposed to going out on loan.

Now if only they could pull their fingers out of their arses and give the EL winner entry to the CL I'd be even happier about being in the Europa League. Any experience of playing in Europa is a good one and gives the club experience in managing midweek fixtures alongside the premier league.<br /><br />-- Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 pm --<br /><br />
hello said:
Shit reasoned posts from a spud whatever next?

The comment abpout wiining the europha league which i think if dodgy harry took seriously you would be in with a shout off, do you seriosuly think he has it in him to set his stall out to deliver silver or does he see finishing jsut outside the shumps leagues places as more important.

Shit reasoned post? I'm not even sure what you mean by that but I'll try to answer...Actually, on second thoughts I don't understand your post at all, my apologies! Could you explain what you mean?

spurspinter1 said:
Slicker than Sommeil said:
This. Look at Athletico and Athletic Bilbao this season, brilliant football and very very decent opponents. They've made it a reputable competition again and like you said, less pressure on your squad and valuable experience. By building a decent squad it could improve your league performances and individuals.

Exactly, this season could be key in the development of Livermore Naughton and Caulker and perhaps Kane, who will all presumably get plenty of time in the Europa group stages so will be happier to stick around as opposed to going out on loan.

Now if only they could pull their fingers out of their arses and give the EL winner entry to the CL I'd be even happier about being in the Europa League. Any experience of playing in Europa is a good one and gives the club experience in managing midweek fixtures alongside the premier league.

-- Wed May 23, 2012 8:08 pm --

hello said:
Shit reasoned posts from a spud whatever next?

The comment abpout wiining the europha league which i think if dodgy harry took seriously you would be in with a shout off, do you seriosuly think he has it in him to set his stall out to deliver silver or does he see finishing jsut outside the shumps leagues places as more important.

Shit reasoned post? I'm not even sure what you mean by that but I'll try to answer...Actually, on second thoughts I don't understand your post at all, my apologies! Could you explain what you mean?

He means: Shit! Reasoned posts from a spuds fan???

Get it?

By the way, you won't get past yoonited in the latter stages of the Europa!

spurspinter1 said:
carlos92 said:
Admittedly Freidal had been like Van der Saar at the rags. I asked this question to another Spurs fan on here, do you reckon you will give Harry another deal?

I've no idea, I guess if Levy doesn't plan on giving him another deal it may make him think twice about signing his targets, so if there is little faith there then it makes sense to get rid, get a new manager and have a rebuilding summer. Think Harry's only got a few more years managing at this level, and I'm pretty much on the fence regarding him staying or leaving.

Sensible stance especially when Harry had his mind on the England job as well.

I thought Spurs were very unlucky not to get 3rd. The disruption caused by the England job had a huge effect on their season. The Harry for England coincided wit their dip in form anyway.

Even at the end it was only a stupid sending off at Villa, and a bizarre goalkeeping performance by Fulop for WBA against Arsenalon the last day which saw Spurs lose out on 4th.

From the outside Spurs seem to have great fullbacks. but need a new keeper, centre-back and striker. Adebayor could be the man to sort out the striking problem, but I think he will get offers from abroad too. The one player who I have never rated at Spurs, but whom Spurs fans seem to love is Van der Vaart. He's got so much quality, but for me he just lets game drift by. I think Spurs would be better off without him.

Indeed my post missed the ! and had pretty shite typing I should proof read before hitting submit.

Yes the Jist was that your a rarity in posting reasoned comments rather than we're all scum for our owners having money and uefa should change the rules to suit you.

The question was poorly phased it that do you as a spuds fan think harry will take the Europa seriously as if you do i would say you have to be the top 4/6 in terms of a realistic chance of winning it.

carlos92 said:
spurspinter1 said:
carlos92 said:
Admittedly Freidal had been like Van der Saar at the rags. I asked this question to another Spurs fan on here, do you reckon you will give Harry another deal?

I've no idea, I guess if Levy doesn't plan on giving him another deal it may make him think twice about signing his targets, so if there is little faith there then it makes sense to get rid, get a new manager and have a rebuilding summer. Think Harry's only got a few more years managing at this level, and I'm pretty much on the fence regarding him staying or leaving.

Levy has certainly been acting lately as if he's preparing for life without Twitcher, the relationship between them is strained and is looking hard to repair, it'll certainly be an interesting summer down the lane that's for sure.

As i've said before though i'm still hearing Vertonghen is in the bag regardless.............

Danamy said:
carlos92 said:
spurspinter1 said:

Levy has certainly been acting lately as if he's preparing for life without Twitcher, the relationship between them is strained and is looking hard to repair, it'll certainly be an interesting summer down the lane that's for sure.

As i've said before though i'm still hearing Vertonghen is in the bag regardless.............

Pure guesswork from me but I expect the Scousers to rival that Vertonghen bid, if they get their skates on appointing a new manager.

Blue Haze said:
lol crazy spuds fans want to sue us to take our place in the CL. From Glory Glory

Should City be placed in the Europa League?

Hi guys! I'm new here, but I thought I should share this with you. Maybe it's already been posted, then just delete
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...4_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...4_DOWNLOAD.pdf</a>

From this document it says:
2.03 The UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group
stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic
championship.
a) If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the
UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League
through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the 2
association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically
transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round
where there is a vacancy). In this case, the number of places to which the
titleholder's association is entitled in the UEFA Champions League and
the UEFA Europa League does not change.

Could we look forward to Mr. Levy using his summer in court facing City and/or UEFA?

Looks crystal-clear to me, City is ranked lower than us by now!
My serious answer - no he won't and no he shouldn't. The rules are the rules and we all knew them beforehand.

My less serious answer - what are the rules actually? The relevant UEFA regualtion says "the UEFA Champions League titleholder is guaranteed a place in the group stage even if it does not qualify for the competition through its domestic championship. If the titleholder comes from an association entitled to four places in the UEFA Champions League and qualifies for the UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the lowest-ranked club of the association’s UEFA Champions League representatives is automatically transferred to the UEFA Europa League (into the latest possible round where there is a vacancy)." If you look at this page on UEFA's website, at the tab headed "Club rankings", Manchester United are 2nd, Arsenal are 6th, Tottenham are 27th and Manchester City are 28th. So, aren't Manchester City the lowest-ranked club?
Mind if I ask which thread this was from? I like reading craziness from time to time.

carlos92 said:
Danamy said:
carlos92 said:

Pure guesswork from me but I expect the Scousers to rival that Vertonghen bid, if they get their skates on appointing a new manager.

I heard it was in the bag a couple of weeks ago but we'll see?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.